Posted by: po0pz
Date: October 13, 2002 07:29PM

PLEASE
When is the new version coming?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When will there be a new Version?
Posted by: Al.
Date: October 14, 2002 02:44AM

Look, if you are really that desperate to know, why dontcha fire off an email to one of the developers, such as Jeff Doozhan, for example. It certainly beats answering the same question in these forums time and time again, and it *definately* beats downloading and installing another 7.5mb browser in protest. If you click on the About tab, the email addresses are there for you.

Posted by: po
Date: October 14, 2002 02:56AM

> Look, if you are really that desperate to know, why dontcha fire off
> an email to one of the developers, such as Jeff Doozhan, for example.

ummm... i would submit that this is actually not a Good Thing To Do(tm)...

There probably isn't a living person with a definitive answer for that question, or it would be on the front page of the site... right? winking smiley

Date: October 14, 2002 03:59AM

"ummm... i would submit that this is actually not a Good Thing To Do(tm)..."

Unless Jeff is a tyrant who bites the head off of unsuspecting people who email him with questions, then where's the harm.

"There probably isn't a living person with a definitive answer for that question, or it would be on the front page of the site... right? winking smiley"

Actually I think they are preserving the frontpage in it's current form so that web historians in the future will be able to look at it and work out when v0.6 came out. Until then, it's not to be touched ;-)

Sheesh, now I'm getting just as bad as the ones assuming that no "News" means no development, and I know better than that :-)

Posted by: CutTheRedWire
Date: October 20, 2002 05:57PM

No news means bad reporting or nothing new. My point being that things are going on, but they need to be better know. That might help shut ppl up. 8)

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: October 20, 2002 11:44PM

They all have a point... it would actually look a little better if there were some kind of regular news tidbits. Such tiny treats - though little more than a taste in the mouth - might quiet the barking dogs somewhat. Godnose they can't be trained! smiling smiley Of course it takes extra time to think of clever ways to say "we are one millimeter closer to being nearly to where we can say that we are almost there" (giggle) - time that could be spent on dev. Worse, if they write as slow as I do! LOL
As for e-mailing the poor suffering dudes, I would follow the Golden Rule, and NOT.

Date: October 21, 2002 02:20AM

"As for e-mailing the poor suffering dudes, I would follow the Golden Rule, and NOT."

Actually Jeff's been pretty quiet on the developer's list for quite some time now, it wouldn't surprise me if he's taking a break from K-Meleon especially considering all the noise that's been going on in these forums of late.

Posted by: <lame username>
Date: October 21, 2002 12:08PM

christmas sounds like a good release date. or easter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.