General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Keep up the good work!
Posted by: Jon
Date: October 20, 2002 09:54AM

I've been using K-Meleon as my main browser for a while now. I'm using the 0.6 version as I don't want to use a beta as my main browser. Until recently it was the only browser on my machine. I am now trying Phoenix as well though. It is also impressive - but unsurprisingly it's not fully functional yet.
My main reason for posting is to ask - can people please stop using the K-Meleon forums to slag off the developers - who give up their time freely to work on this fast, stable and highly configurable browser.
Okay - it's been a while since the last full version, but that's hardly unusual. I use Sonique to play my Mp3s, it's been at least as long since the last full version - however they are still releasing alpha versions for users to try. Beta versions of K-Meleon are available for those willing to look in the developer's forum.
This childish ranting is certainly not helping to push K-Meleon development forward. If I was K-Meleon developer I would not be encouraged to devote my free time to benefit such childish, bullying users.
However - I don't think the majority of K-Meleon users are behind the juvenile outbursts that have been appearing in the forum of late, and I would like to encourage the K-Meleon developers to ignore this noisy minority - and keep up the good work!
For my part - I'm going to try and help by trying the latest beta - and posting constructively in the appropriate forum

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Keep up the good work!
Posted by: Jon
Date: October 20, 2002 09:59AM

I didn't mean to post this three times! I had some problems connecting to the server, and after I did manage to connect my message had obviously been posted on previous tries!!! Oh well - maybe it'll help the message get through!

Posted by: Robert
Date: October 20, 2002 03:32PM

Jon,

that's my opinion too. But IMHO a little more information at the homepage would be necessary. I read (last month) in another forum: 'K-meleon is dead. The last entry is more than 10 month old.'. I think, two or three sentences about the latest developement of k-meleon wold not be wrong.

Posted by: CutTheRedWire
Date: October 20, 2002 05:24PM

Where are the betas, and is there any place to what the plan is for releases?

You're going to hate me for saying this, but when development takes that long, ppl are going to respond this way. I feel that this is a problem there may be a solution for, though. It might help if there was a progress page. I need to start looking into the betas to see what's available. Last I read betas were unstable and not for casual users. I would be nice if betas were on the main page, or there was a page for them. The more infomation you give ppl, the better.

Don't get me wrong. I know being nagged isn't fun, but I'm trying to help by presenting my perspective and a possible solution.

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: October 20, 2002 11:26PM

How about a separate forum just for ****-heads to pass gas in? LOL
The rest of us could go on enjoying life.
I agree very much with Jon. I quit clicking on that handy forum menu item so often; figured if those guys were going to be on the rag, I didn't want to hear about it more than once a month ;-) I guess, like spam and bills, idjits are just part of life.
I still love K-m just as it is, and look forward to a new version without needing to pushpushpushpush. Even though I crashed it at least 4 times so far today, heeeheee (8-}
From contemplation
of bad eggs, turn gaze upward:
dragon thoughts arise

Posted by: Al.
Date: October 21, 2002 02:16AM

Having thought about the situation, the only change that I'd make is shifting the link for this:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/resources/status.php
From the Resources section to the frontpage, so that it's there, one click away for all to see. :-)

Posted by: Al.
Date: October 21, 2002 02:46AM

CutTheRedWire:
"Where are the betas, and is there any place to what the plan is for releases?"

The links to them are usually posted on the developers list. You can locate the appropriate message containing the link by following the "Status" page link I posted in the message before this one, or alternatively, directly download it from here: http://kmeleon.sf.net/files/beta/kmeleon065-beta.exe

Jon:
"This childish ranting is certainly not helping to push K-Meleon development forward. If I was K-Meleon developer I would not be encouraged to devote my free time to benefit such childish, bullying users."

Nor would I, to be quite honest.

Posted by: Zarneth
Date: October 25, 2002 07:52AM

I tried Mozilla and Netscape6 a while back, all I found was slow, un-relyable bloatware. So I was stuck with IE. Which is reasonably compact. Then I tried K-Meleon. *grinns*
I was literally pretty much converted less than 5 seconds after it loaded. Seriously!
So definitly, keep up the good work. grinning smiley

Posted by: vonmugel
Date: October 25, 2002 11:53AM

>I was literally pretty much converted less than 5 seconds after it >loaded. Seriously!

..which in my experience would be about 5.05 seconds after I click the icon smiling smiley. The startup time in KM is the single best feature of this browser. (Writing this from Phoenix which, though nice and light, still takes eight and a half seconds to start. Don't get me started on Mozilla..)

vm

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.