General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
It's been a year.. K-Meleon is dead
Posted by: k
Date: October 21, 2002 02:30PM

Sorry guys, I have been a follower of K-Meleon since it came out a while back but ever since 0.6 has been annoying me for a long time with bugs that were never fixed, its about time to put a fork in this.

Ya ya you got your excuses but guess what! Mozilla 1.0 has been out for quite some time so quit your complaining. Kinda sad when nothing's been accomplished in a year. Pathetic actually.

Psst... don't use this project as experience on your resume. Your long development time will hurt you if people want solutions fast and quick.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: It's been a year.. K-Meleon is dead
Posted by: Duh!
Date: October 21, 2002 02:50PM

And this is exactly why all the developers are leaving . . .

Posted by: Al.
Date: October 22, 2002 12:15AM

"Ya ya you got your excuses but guess what! Mozilla 1.0 has been out for quite some time so quit your complaining. Kinda sad when nothing's been accomplished in a year. Pathetic actually."

So you don't count beta testing as accomplishing anything? The last beta, based on Mozilla 1.1, was released a couple of weeks ago. So now do you do the right thing, and download it and test it out, and report whatever quirks or bugs you may find to the appropriate forum, or do you continue to be ignorant and post nonsense about the project being dead?

The latest beta build is here: http://kmeleon.sf.net/files/beta/kmeleon065-beta.exe

"And this is exactly why all the developers are leaving . . ."

Well to be quite frank, the constant nagging, trolling, and general noise ratio-to-actual productive postings in these forums is enough to put anybody off. Maybe instead of people whining about no "News" updates, maybe they should get a little more involved in the beta testing phase.

Posted by: Andrew G
Date: October 22, 2002 11:38AM

Hello Al;

I decided to give K-Meleon a second try and downloaded the latest beta from the above link ,first off, it crashed during installation,I tried again and got it to work only to discover that it has the same problem as 0.6( which I removed six months ago) ,ie,Realone Player and Winamp will not play,needless to say,I was very disappointed and shut it down.

This morning,I tried to open it and it crashes, every time I attempt, I get the following error-"K-Meleon hae caused ad error in MSVCRT.DLL,K-Meleon will now close".I am now afraid to reinstall it for fear that it might cause some damage to my system and would appreciate your advice on solving the above problems.Thanks.

Posted by: Jason Foss
Date: October 22, 2002 11:51AM

Look in the developers list. There is info in there that will allow you to get it working very easily. This is why the links should not be posted directly in these forums.

BTW, this release is brand new, so you don't need to dig past the first page in the archives.

Re: Inot found on this server
Posted by: don hinds
Date: October 22, 2002 01:03PM

The latest beta build is here:
http://kmeleon.sf.net/files/beta/kmeleon065-beta.exe

Not found on this server....

Don

Posted by: Andrew G
Date: October 22, 2002 01:24PM

That's exactly where I got it from,where can I find this "developers list",i am willing to try and get this thing to work,if possible.

Date: October 22, 2002 01:35PM
Date: October 22, 2002 01:39PM

BTW, read the entire postings for the first two topics (Kmeleon Beta)

Posted by: Rob
Date: October 29, 2002 07:49AM

hey we dont have hundreds of contributers like mozilla, maybe a dozen on a good day. at one point, not too long ago, I think there was only one developer (Jeff) and he had to fend off your idiotic complaints himself.

Look, software doesnt write itself. If you download ANY pre 1.0 software you have NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIGN!!! Christ, what do you think Beta mean anyway? Do you think we're sponsered by a frat or something? If you have nothing constructive to say STFU.

If you do have something constructive to say, and wish to contribute post your concerns to the dev list. Alot of us avoid the boards because reading the same insults over and over gets a bit repetetive. Funny how theres more passion in chastising KM than improving it.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.