General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
*Brand New Beta Here*
Posted by: Al.
Date: October 22, 2002 08:56PM

This is for those who are interested in the continued development of K-Meleon, and getting involved in the beta testing phase. There has just been a *new* beta build released, and it is based on Gecko/Mozilla v1.2b.

The message containing the links to download it are here:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=1215810&forum_id=2617
Remember, do get involved and let Jeff know about any bugs and quirks you may find.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: *Brand New Beta Here*
Posted by: po
Date: October 22, 2002 10:02PM

well, since you posted that, i'll say this: the last build won't run unless you have the msvcrt debug library, available at

http://freespace.virgin.net/nick.brandon/msvcrtd/

into either your K-Meleon directory, or your windows/system directory (or perhaps anywhere else in your PATH).

unless there's some way to turn debug mode off, that i don't know of...

Posted by: Al.
Date: October 22, 2002 10:11PM

That's why i didn't end up posting the direct download link (even though it's probably the same as the previous links). Somebody mentioned in the developers forum thread that they couldn't start K-Meleon without the debug file which you mentioned.

Posted by: Bernard Mercier
Date: October 22, 2002 10:33PM

Thanks for the link Po.
It works now.
I'll update my post in the Bugs forum.

Bernard

Date: October 23, 2002 01:04AM

alternately, there's an updated k-meleon.exe file available now, which may be a better fix for the problem. see the list archives linked to above for the URL.

Posted by: Solaris
Date: October 24, 2002 05:57AM

Soundforge.net is down, any chance for a direct link?

Date: October 24, 2002 06:14AM

wouldn't help... the files reside at sourceforge.net as well.

Posted by: Cheapskate
Date: October 24, 2002 07:06PM

Runs great for me, Thanks smiling smiley

Posted by: Dragon
Date: October 24, 2002 07:35PM

The new version looks good to me as well. Keep K-Meleon alive! There's plenty of room in the open source movement for Mozilla, Phoenix and K-Meleon. They all meet different objectives. I use all three of them and Amaya.

Posted by: This is crap
Date: October 24, 2002 11:03PM

this beta took one step back from 488 build. everything is broken!! and no its not that dll problem im talking about!! even about:plugins doesnt work i know i saw this on the dev list too but this beta isnt worth posting on here. i deleted 488 bulid and now i cant get it back so i had to switch to mozilla sad smiley .. hopefully this will be fixed in final 0.7

Posted by: Jon
Date: October 24, 2002 11:18PM

The about:plugins problem doesn't affect the functioning of the plugins, only your ability to access info on them.
Hopefully this will be fixed in the next beta, but that's what beta's are for!
Otherwise the latest beta is working okay, I'm using it now!
Great to see more support here for the devs! If you've seen looked at the dev list then I'm sure you know that they're aware of these problems and working on them. I'm sure we're getting closer to 0.7 - in many respects the latest betas have been big improvements on 0.6, and that really impressed me!

Date: October 25, 2002 01:53AM

> i deleted 488 bulid and now i cant get it back so i had to switch to mozilla sad smiley ..

A good rule of thumb for playing with beta versions: keep the previous one around when you install the latest one, if you like the way it works... either as a parallel install, or just a backup of the installer package... just in case. smiling smiley

Posted by: Andrew
Date: October 25, 2002 03:27AM

About:plugins is saved in build 663. If you are going to beta-test, you need to keep up with the latest betas. Otherwise, you might just want to wait until we release 0.7.

Posted by: Harvey
Date: October 25, 2002 03:48AM

Latest download of beta running real smooth now. No glitches - no crashes !!

Date: October 25, 2002 04:50AM

Keep trying, we want to work as many of the bugs out as we can!

Posted by: kevin
Date: October 25, 2002 05:38AM

running....Version 0.6.5 Build 663 repaint problem still there...

Date: October 25, 2002 12:56PM

Kevin,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, we are still seeing the repainting issue too. Let us know if you see anything else.

Posted by: Quake
Date: October 25, 2002 03:47PM

I'm going to test it in Win XP winking smiley

Posted by: Nick
Date: October 25, 2002 06:18PM

Excellent... up and running in about 15 minutes with all my old settings smiling smiley It is well good... so fast, and so smooth :-)

I have found something wrong with the printpreview though... will now post in the Bugs section.

Well done Guys! Thanks.

Nick :-)

Posted by: :-)
Date: October 26, 2002 10:14AM

hi Andrew

the layers plugin seems to be broken in the 674 build. no buttons show up on the layers toolbar..sometimes they do but randomly disappear etc.
thanks

Date: October 26, 2002 03:07PM

Can you give a little more detail in terms of what OS you have and if you are installing clean?

Posted by: :-)
Date: October 26, 2002 10:11PM

windows xp, sp1. clean install (previous beta uninstalled completely). luckly i had saved the previous version of the layers.dll so i could restore that one and it worked with that file.

Date: October 27, 2002 06:40PM

Please file a bug over here:

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/bugs/

with as much detail as possible. Ulf is really good about getting Layers bugs fixed ASAP.

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: October 27, 2002 08:35PM

I have layers disappearing too. The buttons come back when I add a layer, then vanish again when I'm not looking. It was OK for a while. I should time it a few days in a row, see if "system fatigue" has anything to do with it. Refresh brings them back too, hope that's consistent smiling smiley
Win98SE

Posted by: SSA
Date: October 30, 2002 05:58PM

I noticed that in WinXP that when I use the uninstall on the latest build that the program claims to uninstall, but doesn't delete any files in the Kmeleon directory or remove the KM entry in the Add/Remove programs. Anyone having a simlar program? How do you fix that?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.