General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Realone Player and Winamp
Posted by: Andrew G
Date: October 26, 2002 03:33PM

I recently Installed the latest Beta and it seems to work fine except it still won't play Realone Player and Winamp,I had the same problem with version 0.6 and had to add some lines in prefJ which solved the problem . Do I add those same lines in the Beta?, your advice will be appreciated.thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Realone Player and Winamp
Posted by: Andrew
Date: October 26, 2002 04:02PM

Andrew,

Probably. Go ahead and try and report back the results.

Date: October 26, 2002 05:03PM

It did not work, but I must admit that I was in a bit of a hurry and could have made a mistake somewhere along the way. I will try again tomorrow and report back,everything else seems to work just fine,Thanks Andrew.

Date: October 27, 2002 05:16PM

Andrew,
Sorry,it does not work. I now get thhe following error message when I open K-Meleon.

Configuration warning
an error occurred reading the startup configuration file, contact your administrator.

Line 23: reference error,user is not defined.

What shall I do now?.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: October 27, 2002 06:38PM

Andrew,

Can you post a copy of what you added here? It sounds like syntax error which might be easy to fix.

Date: October 27, 2002 10:27PM

Andrew,
These are the actual lines,I copied them from prefJ,the first is one continueous line.

user-pref("browser.helperApps.neverAsk.openFile", "audio/x-pn-realaudio,audio/x-realaudio,application/vnd.rn-realmedia,audio/scpls");

user-pref("Kmeleon.general.closeDownloadDialog", true);
user-pref("Kmeleon.general.saveDir", "C:\\temp\\");

I used them in version 0.6 and it worked fine.

Date: October 29, 2002 06:44PM

A reply will be appreciated,Thanks.

Posted by: Bill
Date: October 29, 2002 08:56PM

I can verify the non-operability of Real Audio, using the additional lines for prefs.js in Version 0.6.5 Build 681 Compiled Sun Oct 27 16:56:49 2002. The error message I get is the same as described by Andrew G (except my error is in line 108)

Deleting the three additional lines eliminates the error message.

In either case, K-Meleon offers to download the file rather than play it.

Posted by: Al.
Date: October 30, 2002 12:22AM

Apart from adding the lines prescribed, is there also a Netscape compatible plugin which comes with RealOne? I don't use RealOne myself, however in the case of other similar programs (like Quicktime), there has always been a plugin which needs to be copied over to the K-Meleon plugins directory.
Netscape plugins are *.dlls which begin with np, and more often are not located in the programs directory.

Date: October 30, 2002 02:21AM

I don't know Al,did not need it in version 0.6, but I would be glad if someone can help me here and tell Me how to get these plugins to work. thanks.

Date: October 30, 2002 03:24AM

Just for grins, I loaded a recent version of Phoenix (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.2b) Gecko/20021029 Phoenix/0.4), and clicked on a RealAudio prompt. Was given the option of saving the file, or opening it with RealPlayer. Selected "open with RealPlayer". File played as expected, =without= loading any additional dlls.

Both K-melion and Phoenix have the same file in the /plugins directory (npnul32.dll), but Phoenix's npnul32.dll is quite a bit larger than the same dll in K-Melion. Also, all of the dlls in K-Melion root are of different size than in Phoenix root (probably because of the different baseline build).

Andrew - I wonder if it might be feasable for you to recomplile K-Melion, using source from a recent Phoenix (or Mozilla) distribution. That might help determine if the Mozilla code you used was at fault. What else changed between K-Melion 6 and 6.5?

Date: October 30, 2002 04:39AM

Thanks Bill,no, I have no desire to recompile K-Keleon,or any other Browser for that matter.I also installed the latest Beta version of Mozilla and everything works fine,right out of the Box,so to speak.I am very disappointed that I could not do the same with K-Meleon.

Date: October 30, 2002 10:02AM

Andrew G - my recompilation suggestion was for Andrew (---.twmi.rr.com), since he is one of the developers.

Date: October 30, 2002 01:09PM

Sorry,I thought you were suggesting I do it. The problem was discussed on this forum since version 0.6,by myself and others, that is why I was surprised that it is still not fixed.I hope that they can do something about it before the next release.Thanks Bill.

Date: October 31, 2002 07:56PM

Doesn't anyone know how to get these players to work in K-Meleon?.

Posted by: Nick
Date: October 31, 2002 08:12PM

Sorry, I missed this one. RealPlayer still works fine with me.

All I done was add the line (all one line, remember!!!):

user_pref("browser.helperApps.neverAsk.openFile", "audio/x-pn-realaudio, audio/x-realaudio, application/vnd.rn-realmedia");

to prefs, and copied the /plugins/*.dll etc. to the new release /plugins/ folder. I done this with the first beta 6.5 and now with RC1 and RC2 and RealPlayer still works OK as it did with 6.0? I never gave it no thought...

I don't use WimAmp for Web stuff, so never messedwith that.

Nick

Date: October 31, 2002 09:12PM

Thanks Nick,I have that line in prefs but which plugins.dll etc.do I have to copy to the KM's plugins Folder?,if I get those, I think I will be able to get Winamp to work as well.I appreciate your assistance.

Posted by: Nick
Date: October 31, 2002 11:05PM

Ummm. It will help if you do have the plugins in /plugins/ folder.

That is the plugins folder, not the kplugins folder.

As to what one, I can't remember...

http://www.linicks.net/plugins/

Check waht you HAVEN'T got and download. ONE file at a time please, otherwise you will get the players on my Quake2 D-Day: Normandy angry... and if they are angry, I am ANGRY!

Nick

Date: November 01, 2002 02:05AM

Thanks Nick;
I probably have all the DLL files but just not sure which ones are for Real Player, I will use your list as a reference and only download what I don't allready have.don't worry I will not download any unless absolutely necessary.I will let you know how it goes in a couple of days.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.