General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
What's bad about K-Meleon
Posted by: dmm
Date: October 28, 2002 08:13PM

Nothing is very bad about K-Meleon itself, it looks like IE, but with the coolness of Gecko.
But......

1. K-Meleon dosn't sound nearly as cool as Phoenix does. If you had a choice over which one you'd download, what would you pick?

2. The site. The K-Meleon site, though it's done much better then Phoenix's, has an absolutely terrible color scheme. Red+Green+Tan+White. It just dosn't look normal.

3. The program. There's one annoying thing about it, the green on the title bar. I find it annoying and distracting. I know it's small, and maybe it's just me, but it's still annoying.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What's bad about K-Meleon
Posted by: dmm
Date: October 28, 2002 08:20PM

In other words, Mozilla/Phoenix now have great UIs, and it's time to come up with a cooler logo,and a much better UI.

Posted by: lele
Date: October 28, 2002 08:31PM

<cite>a cooler logo, a better web site</cite>
wow, strange parameters you use to evaluate the quality of a software..
lele

Posted by: Al.
Date: October 28, 2002 09:10PM

"1. K-Meleon dosn't sound nearly as cool as Phoenix does. If you had a choice over which one you'd download, what would you pick?"

Sily question. People who are here have already made their "pick". Besides, you shouldn't judge something on it's name alone.

"2. The site. The K-Meleon site, though it's done much better then Phoenix's, has an absolutely terrible color scheme. Red+Green+Tan+White. It just dosn't look normal."

A website that doesn't look normal? What's normal nowadays anyways.

"3. The program. There's one annoying thing about it, the green on the title bar. I find it annoying and distracting. I know it's small, and maybe it's just me, but it's still annoying."

If you don't like the colour of the titlebar, then change your Windows colour scheme. If you don't like the throbber K-Meleon has, then change that too, or design your own ;-)

Posted by: rmn
Date: October 29, 2002 09:32AM

You can remove the throbber using:
user_pref("kmeleon.toolband.Throbber.visibility", false);

Or you can delete the throbber file.

Posted by: Zarneth
Date: October 29, 2002 03:35PM

"1. K-Meleon dosn't sound nearly as cool as Phoenix does. If you had a choice over which one you'd download, what would you pick?"

It's much more origional for one thing. And much easier to search for related material because of this.

"2. The site. The K-Meleon site, though it's done much better then Phoenix's, has an absolutely terrible color scheme. Red+Green+Tan+White. It just dosn't look normal."

I can't see anything unusuiall about it. Except mabye for the lack of bloat in the form of tonnes of adds text and links all scattered in small tables here there and everywhere. And the colours look perfectly fine for me. Mabye a diferent design with these colours wouldn't look very good. Though the colours are really only for the side bar. Not to mention that except for the logo. It's pretty much just green.

Posted by: Brian Feary
Date: October 29, 2002 10:50PM

How about we rename this thread "What's GOOD sbout K-Meleon"? Personally I think that K-Meleon is the greatest browser out - even the betas are stable enough to run without crashing on my mother's computer (a computer that will go tits up even thinking about IE)... which takes me to my next point - there is NOTHING bad about K-Meleon.

Posted by: honey
Date: October 30, 2002 03:25AM

little bad about Kmeleon is doesn't have history & autocomplete.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.