General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Development Update
Posted by: Andrew
Date: October 29, 2002 06:34AM

We are just about to box up 0.7 and ship it out the door. If you have a major crasher bug using the latest beta, please report it ASAP. If you have a trivial but glaring bug, please report it ASAP. Otherwise, we'll add those to our list of '"to-do"'s for K-Meleon 0.8.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Development Update
Posted by: Nick
Date: October 29, 2002 07:05PM

No real probs for me now, the two I had (Print_Preview & Visited Links) have been resolved.

Just the minor repaint issue, which all on the dev list are aware.

Thank you - this is now an almost perfect browser for me - and, I feel, for a new user there will not be a lot that they will feel isn't right this time (like the old prob of filling in Form Text Boxes - I miss the fun now of not having to suss that on each message board ;-) ).

Again, thanks to ALL concerned with the K-Meleon project - top rate!

Nick smiling smiley

Posted by: Andrew
Date: October 29, 2002 07:48PM

Nick,

Thanks!

Posted by: CutTheRedWire
Date: October 30, 2002 06:06AM

w00t!!! Sweet. 8) I was hoping you guys would release at around the year mark. I'll be checking back more often to try and get it asap. I'll probly post news on velocityart.com and other sites in the comunity if it isn't already there (eg deviantart.com). Can't wait to try it out. >;]

Posted by: Chris Granger
Date: October 30, 2002 02:29PM

I'm very new to these 'alternative browsers' (anything that's not IE/NS/Opera) but I like what I see with K-Meleon so far. I've been using 0.6 for a few days now under Win95 and it seems great. Fairly fast and stable, even on my old PC. I like the amount of CSS2 compliance compared with my default IE5.5...

Looking forward to giving 0.7 a whirl.

Posted by: Stefan
Date: October 30, 2002 03:05PM

> I'm very new to these 'alternative browsers' (anything that's not IE/NS/Opera)

Actually K-Mel and NS 6&7 have the same browserengine, so it's nothing weird, "just" NS 7 in a better package smiling smiley

Posted by: D.Rider
Date: October 30, 2002 06:39PM

0.7!!! 0.8??? Not that I want to be associated with all of those "when will the next version be out?" posters, but when will version 1.0 be out? I mean, how do these things get "versionized"? Why can't you just release a good, stable, useful and relatively bug-free & feature-smooth version as 1.0? You're running out of version levels at this rate. Just curious. I think 0.6 is good, but not quite there, hence, the upcoming 0.7. What more could you add to 0.7 to make 0.8 -- and not 1.0?

Posted by: Al.
Date: November 01, 2002 05:05AM

"0.7!!! 0.8??? Not that I want to be associated with all of those "when will the next version be out?" posters, but when will version 1.0 be out? I mean, how do these things get "versionized"? Why can't you just release a good, stable, useful and relatively bug-free & feature-smooth version as 1.0? You're running out of version levels at this rate. Just curious. I think 0.6 is good, but not quite there, hence, the upcoming 0.7. What more could you add to 0.7 to make 0.8 -- and not 1.0?"

Welcome to open source software, and the concept of honest version numbering as opposed to giving a program an advanced version number because your competitors don't have that particular version out. ;-)

As for 0.8, well considering the ongoing development of Mozilla & Gecko, a new build based on the then current Gecko build is probably a starting point. Newer capabilities added into K-Meleon (remembering not to overload it with featurittus).
Just for starters...

Posted by: BlitzkriegKat
Date: November 01, 2002 03:58PM

Yeah!
What about 0.8?!?
What's wrong with you guys!!!
It's already been a whole 24 hours since the last release!!!
We're getting REALLY impatient here!!!!!!!
You're all a bunch of lazy mofos...
I think I'm gonna check out the SUPERIOR Phoenix browser!
Adios suckaz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: BlitzkriegKat
Date: November 01, 2002 03:59PM

Oh, by the way, love 0.7
It ROCKS!!!!!!!!!
Running pretty good on my ol' Pentium 60
(but what's up with the skins???)

Posted by: Al.
Date: November 01, 2002 09:04PM

The authors have to now include an extra set for the inactive and dead (greyed) buttons. More work to do for them... ;-)

Posted by: C
Date: November 01, 2002 09:40PM

Loving the new release.. The wait is finally over.. Good work boys =)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.