the download does not work
Posted by: BVV
Date: November 01, 2002 06:42PM

The download does not work

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: the download does not work
Posted by: Al.
Date: November 01, 2002 08:58PM

Que? Do you mean the download of 0.7, or the download dialogue in 0.7 itself? Please be a bit more specific.

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: November 02, 2002 01:24AM

In my case, it would be the download of 0.7, at least by rc1. LOL. I shook the dust off Mozilla. and the Big Lizzerd got it for me. I will have to test the new K-M by having it download itself ;-)

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: November 02, 2002 02:03AM

Yepper! 0.7 can download itself. I am looking forward to DL Heaven on those crazy pages that I used to have to use Netscape for.
Loverly new lizzerd; thanx, guys.

Posted by: BVV
Date: November 02, 2002 08:17AM

It still does not work. Unless the new version is only about 10kb, because that's all I get every time, something is wrong.

Posted by: David
Date: November 03, 2002 03:10AM

I tried downloading rc1 with Star Downloader, which timed out on "getting file info." Right now it's downloading just fine with my old standby, Netscape 4.08.

I keep hoping that KM will someday entirely replace NS 4.08 on this machine, but it hasn't happened yet. And recently I seem to be setting up a lot of older, slower systems for beginners (mostly older folks who want to see what all the fuss is about). I still load them with Netscape 4.08, not KM, for the sake of stability. But maybe KM 0.7 will be the new lightweight standard.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: November 04, 2002 07:35AM

David,

It might have been your download location. Any Windows system that can run NS 4.08 (besides 3.1) can run K-Meleon 0.7.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.