General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Bookmark comments
Posted by: kwh
Date: November 01, 2002 10:18PM

Some comments on bookmark operation. (in 0.7):

- After initial install, K-M looks in the standard place for Mozilla bookmarks, but not for NS 4.x. Lots of us are still converting from good old NS.

- If I check the box to display the bookmark toolbar, ALL of the bookmarks are displayed on the toolbar (or at least the first few that will fit). In NS, only the "Personal Toolbar" folder items are destined to show up on the toolbar. Trying to put them all on the toolbar makes the toolbar useless, unless I manually rearrange everything and put the ones I want visible on the toolbar at the top of the list. Which will make syncing or copying bookmarks amongst browsers more difficult.

- The bookmark editor doesn't allow operations on multiple bookmarks -- like moving them. That makes the task described above pretty tedious.

- Glad to see the Menu Spillover feature. I prefer the NS approach of expanding the menus automatically, but this is lots better than endess scrolling.

- Keeping the "Add Bookmark" item on the context sensitive menu would be useful and standard.

I'm just starting with K-M --- definitely much faster UI than Phoenix. Keep up the good work!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bookmark comments
Posted by: F.P.
Date: November 02, 2002 01:06AM

I got my bookmarks in neat folders, in Netscape or Mozilla, 11 of them made it on the Bookmark toolbar, but there are over 200 bookmark, right in front of me. But KM is still not paying any attention to my attempts of moving things around, and too much space is wasted with the icon on the left of the name. I can get 14 folders in Netscape or Mozilla.

Date: November 02, 2002 04:32AM

Yes, mine are organized in folders, too. But there are still waaaay too many top level folders to fit on the toolbar. In NS I had been reserving those for just the top 10 - 12 most-often-used catagories. Putting them at the top of the bookmark list is OK as a workaround, but causes compatibility problems transporting bookmarks between browsers.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: November 04, 2002 07:31AM

File requests for changes/additions here:

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/bugs/

Our coder who has been doing the Bookmarks isn't currently available and he probably won't see these requests unless you file a bug on them. He is very responsive to requests for improvements.

Date: November 04, 2002 03:34PM

Thanks, I posted the original message there, too. I wasn't sure any of it rose to the level of "bug". Or if it they were development issues or merely suggestions. So I took the easy way out and sent it to the Miscellaneous bucket. Some extra guidance on the Forums top page about who tends to monitor which forum and for what kind of input might be useful.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.