General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Can I please get some help?
Posted by: Coconut Crab
Date: November 02, 2002 10:31PM

I remember long time ago when I used KM 0.6 I could press the "backward" button and see all the previous addresses. I don't remember what happened but like a few months ago this fuction stopped working, that is, pressing down the button no longer displays the history. I didn't fix it at that time, and now I have installed 0.7 and the problem still exist.

Can some knowledgable one give me some hints of how to fix it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Coco

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can I please get some help?
Posted by: po
Date: November 02, 2002 10:53PM

Is the History Plugin enabled?

Date: November 02, 2002 11:00PM

Thank you. Problem solved.

Another problem: after I installed 0.7, my IE favorites in KM were scrambled. How can I restore the order I used to have, or, perhaps is there a way to set the order of the favorites from within KM?

Thanks for the help, Po.

Coco

Date: November 03, 2002 12:07AM

There isn't an easy way, and no way within k-meleon, i believe... people have come up with some interesting methods, though:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=5343&t=5343

Seems to me there should be an easier way within the windows (or MSDOS) shell, but i don't have any favorites to experiment with...

Posted by: Nick
Date: November 03, 2002 12:52AM

I was the originator of that thread and wacky solution... and have looked since.

I tried DOS (or whatever the shell is on a DOSless Windows). I tried everything.

There is (read must?) be something unknown about these files (or whatever they appear to be to the kernel), as I stated the file date stamp is totally disregarded... it is the time the file was created/moved/copied to the favourites folder.

Bloody M$.

Nick

Posted by: F.P.
Date: November 03, 2002 01:00AM

The history works for me, but there is no way that I can make any permanet changes to the order or the Bookmarks and Favorites., even if there is an edit function.

Date: November 03, 2002 01:37AM

Oh, just out of my curiosity. Did you guys install the newer version before uninstalling the older one?

I'm asking because first of all when we first installed KM everything was sorted alphebetically. And then when I installed 0.7 I didn't uninstall 0.6 first, and then it's chaos in my Favorites. But by the same logic as if it's your first time installing KM there shouldn't be any problem because it's just like installing 0.6...like there's no KM in your computer before.

I don't know. Maybe I should try uninstalling 0.6 first, but still, I don't know.

Coco

Posted by: timoch
Date: November 03, 2002 03:05AM

It's interesting, but I used Supercleaner to alphabetize my start and favorites lists, and it did just that, but in the favorites list in KM .7, they are not in alphabetical order.

Date: November 03, 2002 03:30AM

I found something that *might* work, using 2xExplorer as described in this thread:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=5343&t=5343

maybe a regular Favorites user could confirm whether this actually does the trick reliably or not?

Date: November 03, 2002 06:37AM

The 2xExplorer trick worked! Po is a magician.

Coco

Date: November 03, 2002 08:05AM

The author of 2xExplorer is a magician, for sure... it's a damn good file browser, besides being handy for using as a sort utility. winking smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.