can not enter my yahoo mail box using K-Meleon
Posted by: xiyouxiyou
Date: March 10, 2006 02:24AM

I can not enter my yahoo mail box using it, but can enter other mail box.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2011 05:10PM by guenter.

Re: can not enter my yahoo mail box
Posted by: bst82551
Date: March 10, 2006 03:59AM

I can access my Yahoo! Mail account from K-Meleon. There must be something in your settings that is disallowing you to sign in. Maybe you have it set to block the referrer... or javascript is disabled? Maybe cookies are blocked?

Brian

Posted by: mohamed mashaly
Date: January 07, 2007 07:23PM

can not enter to my yahoo mail what a can do .

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 08, 2007 01:47AM

Yahoo mail ( including new beta ) works with all k-meleon versions since 0.7 or longer.

1.) Turn on Java-script. in Preferences -> General.
2.a) spoof differnt browser sting. in Preferences -> Privacy -> User Defined.
2.b) paste e. g. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.0.9) Gecko/20061206 Firefox/1.5.0.9

My string: it makes that k-meleon identifies itself as a recent German Firefox.
You can use new Yahoo beta mail with it.

JohnHell found a small issue that some little preview pictures are not shown with some versions of k-meleon. The problem seems to come from a setting - nobody seems to know which.

Posted by: kim mcfarling
Date: January 09, 2007 02:48AM

Can not get into yahoo mail box and friends state that their messages are not getting through and I have,nt been able to get into my mail for a few weeks get a post tech problems at this time so whats up

Date: January 09, 2007 11:53AM

That is up to Your personal settings or a yahoo.com tech problem. No k-m tech & bug problem. The yahoo devs have a problem with accepting k-meleon in browser string. I go to my yahoo.com mail every day. My account is ok. This excludes that K-meleon has a bug beyond the one found by JohnHell.

p. s. To make the point possitively clear: yahoo.com sabotages k-meleon as browser string for new beta mail because they do not care about OUR mail or conveniance. That is a Yahoo.com bug & not a k-meleon bug.

OT for the bugs section: I cannot know what is up with Your yahoo.com mail account. What You can do: If U do not get into Ur yahoo.com mail plz check with any browser that Yahoo.com did not "sabotage" that account of Urz = whether Ur account still exists or whether Yahoo.com has deleted the account. If U get into the mail account with another browser but not with k-meleon plz check Ur k-meleon password settings to make sure that U have not entered & saved the wrong password for Yahoo.com site plus either spoof browser string or revert to old yahoo.mail.

If Ur account still exists contact Ur friends from there - that makes sure they do not miss-spell Ur contact info. If they answer and U still have lost mail plz check whether U have chosen any Spam settings that makes that their mail gets lost = that pushes their mail into the garbage bin.

If that is all done - and U still have a mail problem with k-meleon at yahoo.com? Create a new profile because Ur profiles or Ur k-meleon install are damaged. If that does not help You can only create either a mail account with web.de or U can contact Yahoo.com customer support.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2007 01:34PM by guenter.

Posted by: sam
Date: January 09, 2007 07:41PM

Spoofing is the only way I can access my Yahoo mail account. As Guenter said, K-Meleon in the user agent string does not work with Yahoo mail. Unless Yahoo has made a change recently, that is.

Date: January 09, 2007 07:55PM

No Yahoo has not changed policy - & it is a Yahoo bug not a K-Meleon bug.
Yahoo knows about the bug but they do not do anything. Maybe we should ask
at Yahoo.com questions?

Posted by: sujair
Date: March 11, 2007 12:17AM

I just tried with the spoof string mentioned above
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.0.9) Gecko/20061206 Firefox/1.5.0.9
and yahoo beta mail worked for me!

Posted by: pierreM
Date: March 27, 2007 08:10AM

I am a new user of K-meleon and do not understand precisely what to do to "spoof string Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.0.9) Gecko/20061206 Firefox/1.5.0.9"
can you be more precise ?

Posted by: pierreM
Date: March 27, 2007 08:15AM

OK I have done this :
"Posted by: guenter (IP Logged)
Date: January 08, 2007 00:47:02
Yahoo mail ( including new beta ) works with all k-meleon versions since 0.7 or longer.

1.) Turn on Java-script. in Preferences -> General.
2.a) spoof differnt browser sting. in Preferences -> Privacy -> User Defined.
2.b) paste e. g. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.0.9) Gecko/20061206 Firefox/1.5.0.9

My string: it makes that k-meleon identifies itself as a recent German Firefox.
You can use new Yahoo beta mail with it. "
And it works

Re:can not enter my yahoo mail box
Posted by: edithperkins
Date: April 03, 2007 11:10PM

i can not get to my mail

Re: Re:can not enter my yahoo mail box
Posted by: gity
Date: July 24, 2007 10:10AM

want to enter my mail box

Posted by: Georgina Crandell
Date: August 03, 2007 02:35AM

I cannot enter my e-mail address.

Re: Re:can not enter my yahoo mail box
Posted by: moses olugbade ojo
Date: August 22, 2007 11:02AM

Each time I try to enter my mail box, it prompts that I should edit the information and press "finished" I have done this many times, yet my mail box is not opening

Posted by: Brenda Rasor
Date: September 12, 2007 11:33PM

I cannot get into my mail. Brenda Rasor

Date: September 13, 2007 04:24AM

K-Meleon work with Yahoo web mailbox, I look for my mail there every day.
Guess the server was down when You tried.

Posted by: Krishnaveni
Date: September 16, 2007 09:38AM

I am having diffifulty in logging into my mail box

Posted by: marlene
Date: October 01, 2007 03:51AM

bst82551
I can access my Yahoo! Mail account from K-Meleon. There must be something in your settings that is disallowing you to sign in. Maybe you have it set to block the referrer... or javascript is disabled? Maybe cookies are blocked?

Brian

i cant see the messages in the mail box which were supposed to be around 400 messages
Posted by: sumanish
Date: October 01, 2007 11:55AM

dear all ,
can anybody help me out to know what should i do to retrive my mails which were there in my mail box ,by an overnight i lost all my mails and it shows as there are no messages in your mail box

if anybody knows the reason please help me at this id
sumanishcm@hotmail.com, sumanishcm@gmail.com

Posted by: Mittal
Date: October 13, 2007 04:51AM

I can not enter in my mail.

Posted by: arinjit chakraborty
Date: October 13, 2007 06:29AM

i know that different mail has come in my address.but i could not open my mail box.

Posted by: arinjit chakraborty
Date: October 13, 2007 06:31AM

i know that different mail has come in my email address but i couldnot chake the mail

Re: i cant see the messages in the mail box which were supposed to be around 400 messages
Posted by: jaussoin
Date: October 17, 2007 11:30AM

I have also the same problem, I could not open my mail box, I want to know how I can do if cookies are blocked it?

Date: October 17, 2007 07:24PM

You can enter Yahoo mail with K-Meleon: cookies must be activated.

To activate Cookies You go either to Edit > Prefences and activate them there or You can activate them via Edit > Tool Bars > Privacy Bar which has a toogle button for cookies on the left hand side. I use the later to activate or deactive depending where I go.

p. s. I go to Yahoo.com beta Mail with K-Meleon every day.

Posted by: chris morrison
Date: October 20, 2007 09:51PM

please help me

Date: October 21, 2007 03:36PM

Activate: View > Toolbars > Privacy Bar: right click on Privacy Bar > "User Agent" Click Custom and insert:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.8pre) Gecko/20071015 Firefox/2.0.0.7 Navigator/9.0

or

Firefox 2.0.0.8: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008 Firefox/2.0.0.8

That opens Yahoo Beta Mail for K-Meleon. Provided Yahoo mail server is up and You know Your account and password.

p. s. Yahoo Beta Mail programmers should go to Gecko is Gecko and afterwards do their homework instead of creating FAQs for K-Meleon Support Forums.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2007 06:36PM by guenter.

Re: i cant see the messages in the mail box which were supposed to be around 400 messages
Posted by: suhaila
Date: October 25, 2007 04:04PM

please tell me how can i read the messages in the mail box

Date: October 25, 2007 06:30PM

click on the section "inbox" until they open and can be read
- beta mail is very slow - You can get better usage with old mail.

Posted by: daniel
Date: November 02, 2007 09:00AM

something about java script and cookies

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.