General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Some missing features
Posted by: RheXis
Date: February 24, 2001 07:48PM

Hi.

I really like your browser. It's lean and mean, but it's not quite there (yet). It won't replace IE right away as it still has a few quirks. Here's a few that came to mind while surfing with the new 0.3 release:

- I can't get K-Meleon to open a link in a new window simply by using the shift-click method. I hope that this feature is in the next release as it's a really handy one.

- A "Links" feature alá the one in IE would be nice.

- A dropdown box of sorts with the back/forward buttons would also be goodly.

- A per-site configurable filter (to filter out ads, javascript, html tags, etc.). I know that this is a big wish, but it would be a nice feature to have built-in. I'm basically wishing for a blend between K-M , the Proxomitron (members.tripod.com/proxomitron/ and WebWasher (www.webwasher.com)

- An option of choosing between viewing the open windows as many windows (like IE) or as one window with all the pages in it (like opera). I believe the latter one is called MDI mode.

- A right-click menu when clicking on an image.

- Intelligent form fillers / adress fillers.

Btw. Your FAQ is somewhat outdated and refers to old versions of the K-M browser. I hope you revise it to correctly reflect the current state of the code.

regards,
RheXis

Options: ReplyQuote
RE: Some missing features
Posted by: RheXis
Date: February 24, 2001 08:05PM

[doh.wav]

I should of course have posted this in the "K-Meleon Improvement
requests"-forum. I'm sorry for the mix-up.

regards,
RheXis

RE: Some missing features
Posted by: Lindsay
Date: March 25, 2001 09:49PM

try rightclicking on your desired link and in the popup menu select "open in a new window" smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.