General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Cookie Manager
Posted by: Don
Date: December 04, 2002 06:59PM

When I goto Edit cookies (prefs|privacy), all the cookies are on one line. Is this how it's supposed to be? It would be easier to edit if each cookie was on its own line.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cookie Manager
Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: December 05, 2002 04:49AM

I've never seen it that way, but what are you using for default text editor? That might be it?? (duh, no clue otherwise smiling smiley

Posted by: po
Date: December 05, 2002 08:43AM

It's only like that if viewed in an editor that doesn't recognize unix-style line endings (such as notepad)... if you view it in something like metapad it's much easier to edit.

Date: December 05, 2002 06:17PM

It's only that way when viewed through K-Meleon. If I open the cookie.txt file up in notepad outside of K-M it doesn't all bend together.

Date: December 05, 2002 06:17PM

It's only that way when viewed through K-Meleon. If I open the cookie.txt file up in notepad outside of K-M it doesn't all blend together

Date: December 07, 2002 08:27AM

huh... i can't explain that. on my win98 system, using notepad, the line endings are always ignored, regardless of how it's invoked.

Posted by: sven
Date: December 07, 2002 11:07AM

KM cookies.txt is in unix format, which means lines are separated only by single linefeed. Dos/windows txt files use linefeed + carriage return to end lines. Thats why notepad thinks it's single long line.

Feel free to use intelligent editors to edit cookies.txt smiling smiley

Date: December 07, 2002 10:26PM

It might not be a bad idea ( i think this came up before) to display the cookies in a gecko edit control rather than notepad, similar to the Configs tab in Preferences... or at least offer it as a choice.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.