General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Synaptics Touchpad scrolling
Posted by: Spoom
Date: December 08, 2002 01:34AM

I just downloaded K-Meleon, very good browser, and I would most definitely use it for my general browsing needs if this one thing were somehow made to be compatible (i.e. work): the Virtual Scrolling feature of the Synaptics Touchpad software (which obviously runs on the touchpad on my laptop, a Dell Inspiron 2500). I see a gray line between the main browser window and the scrollbar, that separation could be causing the software not to scroll without having to drag the bar manually. Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Synaptics Touchpad scrolling
Posted by: po
Date: December 08, 2002 08:29AM

you could try setting this pref to get real windows scrollbars, but it has some side effects on page widgets and general scrolling behavior... try and see, i guess:

user_pref("nglayout.widget.gfxscrollbars", false);

Posted by: Spoom
Date: December 08, 2002 06:46PM

Here's the thing, I don't think that IE uses the default Windows scrollbars either... it just somehow works on IE when it doesn't work on K-Meleon. I'd try looking at the code myself but I'd probably end up destroying it totally winking smiley

Posted by: arrow
Date: January 05, 2003 06:14PM

I've got the same problem on my Inspiron 4100. I found a way to patch the Synaptics .ini file so that scrolling works in Netscape/Mozilla:

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=146962

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work for Km. I thought they were based on the same code? Can anyone else adapt this so it works?

Posted by: arrow
Date: January 05, 2003 06:23PM

FIXED IT!!

Edit the following file:
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.ini

Add the following lines anywhere before [Default]

[K-Meleon]
WT = "*K-Meleon*"
SF = 0x10000000
SF |= 0x00004000