General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
chinese thai or japan font installing
Posted by: red
Date: December 29, 2002 04:55AM

Hi
is there a way to install other fonts?
To make K-M able to read chinese or thai fonts?
eny ideas?
regards

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: chinese thai or japan font installing
Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 02, 2003 11:18PM

Red,

Which characters do you need to read specifically?

Posted by: Paul
Date: January 03, 2003 12:14AM

red, the best I can tell you is, a few years ago when I was still using Netscape 4.7, I downloaded various fonts from Micro$soft and did whatever one does to get them to work in Netscape.

Then when Opera 6 came out with Unicode support, these fonts worked for me automatically in Opera.

Earlier today using K-M, I was visiting a couple of Japanese and Russian sites, and the fonts were there in K-M. In fact, at this moment I have hongkong.com open in another layer on K-M, and the Chinese characters are there.

As far as I can remember, I didn't do anything special in K-M to get these fonts to work. Other than having them among the fonts on my computer.

Date: January 03, 2003 06:31AM

Hi
some pages are working automatically.
For example this page dont!
http://www.ikazz.com/
With Opera or IE I can change the font and read the page correctly.

Posted by: Paul
Date: January 03, 2003 03:02PM

red, hi, is that site in Thai? I tried to view that site in K-Meleon 0.7, Opera 6.05, and MSIE 5.5, and it wouldn't work right in any of them, no font at all, just random hieroglypics.

Of course I don't ordinarily have a Thai font installed on my computer. But I reinstalled the Code 2000 Unicode font, and verified that this gave me a Thai font in Opera. Still no luck getting the site to display correctly, on Opera or on K-M.

Then I forced Opera to interpret the coding as Thai (instead of using automatic detection) and the page displayed in Thai. Whether intelligibly or not, I have no idea!

Is there some way in K-M to override automatic detection of fonts? Some lines that could be added to prefs.js, perhaps?

Posted by: SlideRule
Date: January 03, 2003 11:06PM

Red:

The web site below, will take you a link on a Language Pack for displaying pages in Chinese, Korean, and Japanese. While the download says it works with K-Meleon 0.6, it 'might' work with K-Meleon 0.7 too. Please let us know.

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/docs/faq.php#custom8

SlideRule

Date: January 04, 2003 05:00AM

Hi
Chinese, Korea or Japanese are working with the Laguage pack.
Is there a Laguge pack for Thai font??

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.