General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
No bookmarks or favorites
Posted by: Tommi
Date: January 16, 2003 10:22AM

I use 0.7. I don't seem to have a bookmark or favorites menu on my menubar and I can't find a way to get it to appear. Apparently I did something wrong when I installed K-Meleon. I understand that bookmarks need some kind of plugin but I can't seem to be able to find one on this website to dowload. Do I need to do a complete re-install?

By the way. I don't want to import my IE favorites and I don't have Netscape. Could that be the cause of the problem?

Tommi

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No bookmarks or favorites
Posted by: Fulvio Perini
Date: January 16, 2003 09:51PM

Surely it would be a problem for Netscape, since K-meleon, pretty much copies the Netscape bookmarks. It seems as if you want an empty folder. Am I right?

Posted by: RottweilerKing
Date: January 16, 2003 10:09PM

What's the difference between bookmarks and favorites? I've always only seen bookmarks, are the favorite just the IE favorites?

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 16, 2003 11:04PM

Yes, Favorites are the IE Favorites.

Tommi: E-mail me, my address under Help - About K-Meleon, and I can e-mail you the plugin. Or you can grab the latest version of the Favorites plugin here:

http://kmeleon.freewebsites.com

Posted by: encoderX
Date: January 16, 2003 11:05PM

Hi RottweilerKing
NS Bookmarks uses a flat file system which most people find easier to configure also easier on the system, better integration.
IE Shortcuts (as always) are half baked trash and anyone who uses k-meleon I recommend they convert (if they have them) IE Shortcuts to NS Bookmark system for usability.

encoderX
ICQ# : 82825922

Posted by: Tommi
Date: January 21, 2003 10:18AM

Thanks for all the answers.

I solved the problem by re-installing K-Meleon and selecting Netspace bookmarks. I got an empty bookmark menu as I wanted to. It wasn't terribly difficult once I actually read what I was supposed to do.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.