General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Open Closed Page
Posted by: RM
Date: November 16, 2006 09:42AM

I really appreciate K-Meleon which is an extremely effective compact browser with almost all the features generally required. Further I feel it would be fine if the following feature is also available.

1. While doing undo last closed, all windows which were open earlier gets opened. However, the windows already open also gets refreshed, which is not actually needed and may be a hindrance. Can this be avoided by changing any configs?

After a continuous and long session opening a large no of windows and closing intermittently many of them, if all closed windows open, it is not really nice. Again, if a page is closed by mistake, or if someone needs to open only a page which was opened earlier, this can be achieved only by opening all closed pages. If the layers closed earlier is available as a history pane and by clicking any page out of that and that page alone opens, it would be an excellent feature. This facility is available in most of multi tab/layered browsers.

(Here I may mention that flock has a feature of saving multiple sessions, the no being choosable. May be this also is a good idea.)

2. Many times I put on continuous reload some pages which outputs a csv file. After all relevant data gets updated every day, I save that page to my hard disk. However it does not save properly as a csv file while the continuous reload is opted. It only saves as HTML. I have to disable the continuous reload first and then save for it to save csv file.

3. As I mentioned in another forum, Saving bookmarks on onlywire or furl does not work if the option of always open urladdress in new layer is selected. The url address and urltitle is not picked but only about:blank is picked. Once the option is restored to open in same layer, these javascripts work.

Thanks,
RM

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Closed Page
Posted by: kko
Date: November 16, 2006 11:49AM

1. The Undo Last Closed functionality will be improved in K-Meleon 1.1 (first beta should be available soon). I've also already thought about a possibility to reopen closed pages/groups selectively from a menu. I've not implemented it yet. Maybe I will do that.

2. The Continious Reload functionality is currently implemented in macro code and JavaScript. I've taken the maximum out of that. We will have to live with it until somebody codes a programmatical solution (plugin). Continious Reload doesn't work well when viewing framesets. It works quite well when viewing simple pages. In the latter case, use "Save Frame As..." to save the viewed page, not "Save Page As...".

3. It should be clear that you cannot apply a bookmarklet to the current page when you've set your bookmarks to open in a new page. When you want to open your normal bookmarks in new pages, you should store your JavaScript bookmarklets in another bookmarking system that is set to open in the current page. This shouldn't be any problem since we have four bookmarking systems available: Netscape Bookmarks, IE Favorites, Opera Bookmarks and Hotlinks. Another possibility would be to convert your bookmarklets into macros...

Posted by: RM
Date: November 16, 2006 03:01PM

Thanks for the immediate reply.

1.Happy to hear that this is likely to be implemented in future.

2. It worked. Though the page I had been trying to save was a simple text page, saving as frame did work.

3. Actually, I had saved the script as a bookmark with a key shortcut 'o'. I use to enter 'o' as urladdress for saving in onlywire. This still thus don't work, if I set urladdress to open in a new layer. Even with macros, the samething happens. I understand there's no way out of it. or i think the macro should change first the opening in new layer method and reverse this method after it opens. I don't know whether it will be possible.

4. I have a small request: can we have something like quicknote, as a macro, which automatically gets saved. This will really be helpful for noting something on the webpage which u want to note down and will be available by clicking a button on the browser.

Thanks

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 16, 2006 05:16PM

3.) dont know either
4.) add to used profile (do not forget to make backup 1st, i would just in casewinking smiley
// You find that via: Prefences, General, Settup Profile or something
like "Einstellungen" depending on language version ;-)

macros.cfg:

# e. g. before all other or near "mimeEdit" macro.

Quicknote{
$xul = "chrome://quicknote/content/quicknote.xul"; &XUL;
}

menus.cfg:

# into some submenu e. g. &Help behind: About Plugins = ID_LINK_ABOUT_PLUGINS
macros(Quicknote, Quicknote)

into chrome folder installed-chrome.txt add at bottom:

content,install,url,jar:resource:/chrome/quicknote.jar!/content/
locale,install,url,jar:resource:/chrome/quicknote.jar!/locale/en-US/
skin,install,url,jar:resource:/chrome/quicknote.jar!/skin/classic/

and drop quicknote.jar into it (You get it from Your FFox install or at extensions
where You download quicknote.xpi (xpi and jar are just other name for zip
so You unpack that xpi inside is a jar that goes to chrome folder )

in chromne folder delete: chrome.rdf & overlays.rdf k-m must regerat it with new info.

btw. k-ninja ( k-meleon is minimalistic theme with QUIKNOTE feature already installed - so that You can see how Al did it - alain already made macro for 1.1 - so i may be in next k-m version - or since we get modular macros it can be droped in place without editing ;-) ok?

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: November 16, 2006 06:30PM

The macros of Fr4/En4 works with 1.0.2:

You must also add util kplugin from mark307

# Quicknote

TextQuickNote{
$note=getpref(INT,"quicknote.totabint");
$to=getpref(STRING,"quicknote.tab".$note."path");
&SendText;
}

SendText{
$refpage="\n----------------------";
getpref(BOOL,"quicknote.showUrl")==false ? 0:$refpage=$refpage."\n".$URL."\n----------------------";
setclipboard();
id(ID_EDIT_COPY);
$text=getclipboard();
$text=$refpage."\n".$text;
pluginmsg(utils, "append", $to, $text);
}

PageQuickNote{
$note=getpref(INT,"quicknote.totabint");
$to=getpref(STRING,"quicknote.tab".$note."path");
&SendPage;
}

SendPage{
$refpage="\n----------------------";
getpref(BOOL,"quicknote.showUrl")==false ? 0:$refpage=$refpage."\n".$URL."\n----------------------";
setclipboard();
id(ID_EDIT_SELECT_ALL);
id(ID_EDIT_COPY);
id(ID_EDIT_SELECT_NONE);
$text=getclipboard();
$text=$refpage."\n".$text;
pluginmsg(utils, "append", $to, $text);
}

QuickNote{
$xul="chrome://quicknote/content/quicknote.xul"; &XUL;
}

Quick0{
$max=getpref(INT,"quicknote.numtabs");
$activ=getpref(INT,"quicknote.totabint");
Alert(_("Number of tabs :")."\t".$max."\n"._("Default tab :")."\t".$activ,_("QuickNote defaults"));
}

Quick1{
setpref(INT,"quicknote.totabint",1);
&Quick0;
}

Quick2{
getpref(INT,"quicknote.numtabs")>1 ? setpref(INT,"quicknote.totabint",2):0;
&Quick0;
}

Quick3{
getpref(INT,"quicknote.numtabs")>2 ? setpref(INT,"quicknote.totabint",3):0;
&Quick0;
}

Quick4{
getpref(INT,"quicknote.numtabs")>3 ? setpref(INT,"quicknote.totabint",4):0;
&Quick0;
}

Modifications in menus:

QuickNote{
macros(QuickNote,QuickNote\tCtrl+Alt+Q)
macros(Quick0,QuickNote defaults\tShift+Ctrl+Alt+Q)
}

&Tools{
%ifplugin macros
:&Mail And News
:QuickNote
-
Selected Te&xt{
:&Translate From
-
macros(OpenText,&Open As URL)
macros(EmailText,Sen&d By Mail...)
-
macros(TextQuickNote, Send to QuickNote)
-
Document{
!Nav
-
bookmarks(Add,Add Page To &Bookmarks\tCtrl+D)
favorites(Add,Add Page To Fa&vorites)
hotlist(Add,Add Page To H&otlist)
&Save Page As...\tCtrl+S=ID_FILE_SAVE_AS
macros(EmailURL,Sen&d Page As Link...)
%ifplugin macros
:Op&en Page With
-
macros(PageQuickNote,Send to QuickNote)
%endif

Added to accels.cfg

%ifplugin macros
CTRL ALT Q = macros(QuickNote)
CTRL SHIFT Q = macros(TextQuickNote)
ALT SHIFT Q = macros(PageQuickNote)
%endif

Guenter, Have you tried the 1.1 version ?

It also use util kplugin from mark307

It works great except I haven't the trick to update the tabs when adding something with tabs already opened.

I just put a warning text to remember this problem.

The macros allows

- to add a page, a frame or selected text
- to change the default tab
- to diplay the parameters

-the rest is the same as in firefox extension.

I just also ought to change the default folder where are placed the files, because I should prefer to put it in slt folder.

Remark, it's perhaps necessary to validate options in Quicknote to have prefs created, before beeing able to use some macros.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2006 06:36PM by JujuLand.

Posted by: kko
Date: November 16, 2006 08:18PM

3. Actually, I had saved the script as a bookmark with a key shortcut 'o'. I use to enter 'o' as urladdress for saving in onlywire. This still thus don't work, if I set urladdress to open in a new layer.
Ya, that should be clear. When you set bookmarks/typed urls/... to open in a new layer, this means that first a new (empty) page is opened and then the URL is set to yours. This way, a JavaScript bookmarklet is always applied to an empty page (about:blank).

Even with macros, the samething happens. I understand there's no way out of it. or i think the macro should change first the opening in new layer method and reverse this method after it opens. I don't know whether it will be possible.
Try injectJS("<-- your JavaScript code -->").
(Pure script code, not "javascript:<code>"!)

Date: November 16, 2006 08:39PM

alain: Your macro looks better & like it sends text :-)

p. s. 1.1 i do not use that feature - did not even have an idea how powerfull it is.

the altered prefs panel that is in repaired embed.jar calls quicknotes configuration like its father-SeaMonkey-panel (when used with Dorian's newest exe)!

manifest system for chrome relies on other autoconfig.dll, chrome.dll and chrome.xpt
- this system also needs restart but no deleting of the 2 *.rdf and editing of
installed-chrome.txt. I did not have dll versions that were compiled & belong together & it crashes sometimes with me. But it works with k-m.exe.
Disadvantage of manifest system = even more picky about small chrome bugs!

We will need a short-shut-down (or reset hile running) for lua and other things ;-).

Date: November 16, 2006 09:08PM

We will need a short-shut-down (or reset hile running) for lua and other things ;-).

Even util is written in lua language, it's not the same as luamacros, and it's just some basics but nice functions which are added to macros.

No need to make a shutdown :-)

For manifest, I admit that I don't understand how it works and which advantage we can take of this.

Will we able to use some extensions with different locales without problem, as now?
How to add an extension, for exemple in setup, just add lines to manifest, or rewrite it completly (bad for modularity) ?

I haven't used (sorry) you last modifications in embed.jar and smmprefs.kmm, I'll try and look at it.

I have tried to modify kmsearch strings in search.cfg, and I have a problem. For example if I send this string in the URL bar:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/search.php?0,match_type=PHRASE,match_dates=0,match_forum=ALL,search=jujuland

it works even there is display bug when go to the Last Page

but if I replace the original string in search.cfg by this:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/search.php?0,match_type=PHRASE,match_dates=0,
      match_forum=ALL,search=

and I use kmsearch menu, it seems to found nothing.

Another thing, with kmsearch, if we make it work (I'm sure), it would be nice to add in kmprefs a way to define all the parameters (match_type, match_dates, ...), and perhaps have two menu entries for text or author search.

For Opera.kmm, I have found the keys and it ought to work now.

For Firefox.kmm, it's strange, that it doesn't work on all your computer, because, my kmm was written from w98se install and I look at registry for firefox under XP PRO, and key names are the same ... curious.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2006 09:11PM by JujuLand.

Date: November 16, 2006 10:12PM

embed.jar and smmprefs.kmm:
no need too look - since You have seen it as part of SeaMonkey pref panel.
The ones that are untouched from c+ work now thx to Dorian's exe.
If we have no better we can use that panel!

After I had tested Your Quicknote.1.1. By pure chance I looked into Prefs panel and found that the Panel had automantically made prefs for Quicknote.jar available. That was under traditional rdf system - but looks like it works with both sytems.

embed.jar: I just altered 5or6 tiny things and hope they can be patched in future.

*.manifest: works like *.rdf but slightly different syntax. For quicknote example:

content quicknote jar:quicknote.jar!/content/
locale quicknote en-US jar:quicknote.jar!/locale/en-US/
skin quicknote classic/1.0 jar:quicknote.jar!/skin/classic/

Manifests seem to work without installed-chrome.txt ergo without altering it. Looks like *.manifest and *.jar can be pre-prepared and copied into place,
restarted, done. Manifest can be individual files for each jar! That makes them
more desirable for me & that they seem to work without installed-chrome.txt.
installed-chrome.txt seems only needed, when You need manifest created in situ
( end users need not do it ).

add manifest and jar to chrome folder and *.kmm to macros folder is my "dream".
I try to find out if it could work more user friendly than current system. If it could work You devs could look closer - better to waste my time untill then.
We will see.

Date: November 17, 2006 06:36AM

I have made test yesterday after having post, and I confirm:

-no need of installed-chrome.rdf
-no need to declare the extension

but I don't understand (and I would), for example, why mtypes isn't automaticly token like quicknote.

perhaps due to the structure of the jar, or perhaps to chrome.rdf in jar.

Last point, I think it's better and easier for translators to have locale out of embed.jar.

Isn't it possible to have a new jarfile (locale.jar, for example) which just keep locale embed folder. We have just in this case to change path in embed.manifest.

A+

Date: November 17, 2006 04:38PM

It is really nice that the chrome has behaviour of SeaMonkey now with new exe :-)

mtypes: Maybe Monkee-Sages versions can snap in?
It is a Mozilla Pref Panel with one item.

You overlooked: It is not "Mtypes (MIME Types Editor) Firebird extension by Jordan Callicoat (Monkee-Sage)." (which = mtypes 01-0.2). Since k-m 0.9.12 we have mtypes 0.3 - 0.5.1: K-Meleon extension by alain and other contributors of k-m project. mtypes is made from the same pref panel but things that are not needed by K-meleon were removed to reduce it to current size. This mtypes pref.xul combines Mozilla preftree.xul and pref.xul in a file which is designed to coperate with a k-m macro.

btw. kko already made a mtypes that is part of k-m.prefs.
If it tests out well & without bugs - we can have that.

locale.jar: I agree & yes - we could leave en-US inside embed and have downloadable locale.jars outside it (like kko already did in German version with console2-de.jar, kmprefs-de.jar, mtypes-de.jar ....). This would be one step forward if we want eventually multy language installer. It can be also used with traditional one language version like kko did.

btw. From German PC forums (Foren) i know that most ppl prefer finished national setup - that can be installed without being able to chose wrong language setup ( like the Belgium did that chose de-AT instead of fr-FR :-)

Date: November 17, 2006 05:17PM

locale.jar: I agree & yes - we could leave en-US inside embed and have downloadable locale.jars outside it (like kko already did in German version with console2-de.jar, kmprefs-de.jar, mtypes-de.jar ....). This would be one step forward if we want eventually multy language installer. It can be also used with traditional one language version like kko did.

It's perhaps better not to reduce name to console2-pt.jar, but console_pt-br.jar. It allows to make difference between pt-pt and pt-br, for example.

btw. From German PC forums (Foren) i know that most ppl prefer finished national setup - that can be installed without being able to chose wrong language setup ( like the Belgium did that chose de-AT instead of fr-FR :-)

You want to say belgish people have problem with my setup + locale setup ?
My setup purpose the default system language, but it may be bypassed.

For mtypes, it's not a problem, but I was thinking of others possible extensions.
We'll see it later when we'll try to adapt it :-)
A+

Date: November 17, 2006 06:05PM

The translators can freely choose the names. Finding is determined by config files.
example: console2-de.jar in fact has a de-AT inside (kko renamed Zeniko's de-CH :-).

Solely French Begiums have a problem ;-) rememeber
- he did not get rid of the German setting & complained :-)

extensions: AFAIK many will do the same - i know Chatzilla.
You can observe it with SeaMonkey when You delete extensions jars - when rdf is renewed they have disappeared from pref panel.

Posted by: mark307
Date: November 18, 2006 08:37AM

1. Undo tab (or window) menu is realized on 1.0 with lua, but experimentally. If you are interested, please try K-Meleon CCF or the combination of luamacros plugin and kmplus addon.

2. This work is suitable for other simple tools, ex. wget, cURL. Many script languages also can do it well, ex. Perl, Python, Ruby.

Timer kplugin? You should forget it :-)

Thanks.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.