Re: Kmeleon 1.1a2 Gecko 1.8.1
Posted by: kko
Date: November 26, 2006 11:26AM

Do you mean Advanced Preferences > Page Display: Images: Resize large images to fit in the browser window?

Posted by: ra
Date: November 26, 2006 12:49PM

kko
Do you mean Advanced Preferences > Page Display: Images: Resize large images to fit in the browser window?

No. That's disabled. Never the less I get a different mouse pointer when viewing large images (image, only, e.g. this one) and the image is fit to the window when I left click on it.

Date: November 26, 2006 04:20PM

Ah, I see. I haven't noticed this before. Must be a new Gecko feature. Don't know whether it can be disabled.

Date: November 26, 2006 09:52PM

kko
Ah, I see. I haven't noticed this before. Must be a new Gecko feature. Don't know whether it can be disabled.

Oops, Mozilla adds new features to an 0.0.1-update? ;(

----

Might 1.1a2 be leaking a bit? I think the usual problems that I have are appearing a bit sooner with this version. Is there anyone with similar observations?

Date: November 26, 2006 10:11PM

Mozilla adds new features to an 0.0.1-update?
Yes! That's nothing new. This time e.g. JavaScript 1.7. (Besides that: For FF it's a major version update)

Date: November 27, 2006 08:21PM

kko
Yes! That's nothing new. This time e.g. JavaScript 1.7. (Besides that: For FF it's a major version update)

Well, okay, so, now, they do things like that. They didn't with Gecko < 1.8 IIRC.

Date: November 27, 2006 10:21PM

The macro development guide, Dorian mentioned in the initial post, is now online. Start at the MacroLibrary

Posted by: rmn
Date: November 30, 2006 04:48PM

kko
The macro development guide, Dorian mentioned in the initial post, is now online. Start at the MacroLibrary

Oh darn, this reminds me to finish that ReferenceManual update I started some time ago.

Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: December 03, 2006 12:56PM

Dear K-Meleonfans,

I adore this new build very much (very fast, difficulties with some sites e.g. ajaxwrite are no longer there).

Nevertheless I have some questions (one always wants to keep one's own habits):
* how can I incorporate a sidebar in this version (accelkey: VK-F4) [this was possible in some earlier versions]

* why is it in the k-meleon version not possible to view the music videos in the following site (http://www.classic.fhm.com/site/musicnew/sexiest.asp?ID=37#PlayingItem) in contrary to k-ninja?

* how can I again incorporate the possibilities "Send to Notebook" and "Open the Notebook" as was possible in earlier Hao versions? I tried and tried to create new kmm macros but I always get the following error message while starting up:

The variable 'path'doesn not exist. Did you declare it? Is it in scope?

Thankx a lot for any help

A very convinced k-meleon fan

Mala

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 04, 2006 09:27AM

Mala Okeh
1.)* how can I incorporate a sidebar in this version (accelkey: VK-F4) [this was possible in some earlier versions]
2.)* why is it in the k-meleon version not possible to view the music videos in the following site (http://www.classic.fhm.com/site/musicnew/sexiest.asp?ID=37#PlayingItem) in contrary to k-ninja?

3.)* how can I again incorporate the possibilities "Send to Notebook" and "Open the Notebook" as was possible in earlier Hao versions? I tried and tried to create new kmm macros but I always get the following error message while starting up:

4.)The variable 'path'doesn not exist. Did you declare it? Is it in scope?

1.) AFAIK sidebar equists only for tabbed version.
2.) Page needs Quicktime player plugin ( copy plugins folder from k-meleon where it works to this one & mimtypes.rdf from that one to the used profile here, one of the two should normally do it // btw. not kplugin but plugins if this is in doubt ).
3.) alain made quicknote macro and works on installer.
4.) Macro error which probably gets fixed untill release.

Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: December 04, 2006 05:48PM

Thx, Guenter, for the quick reaction. I tried the suggestions you made concerning point 2 - but still it doesn't make any difference: the videos remain unplayable (although I even deleted chrome, compreg.dll etc. as one always does when you add or change something fundamental).

Hope there is a solution though - because I really like the concept of the new kmm-macros.

Mala Okeh

Date: December 04, 2006 10:49PM

An old (and fixed) macros bug has somehow returned in this version: The save as directory is not always remembered. In most cases it is, but not always. Don't have a 100% repro, yet, but the problem's there (With several windows open changing the directory in one window doesn't always change it for the others.).

Posted by: Meehowski
Date: December 04, 2006 11:46PM

Thank you Dorian!!

Date: December 09, 2006 04:03PM

ra
The save as directory is not always remembered.

Looks like K-M remembers the directory after the *second* file that was saved after opening the browser and several windows (and not the first saved file like it ought to).

Posted by: jk-
Date: December 12, 2006 09:55PM

One thing I've noticed in this release is if you have text selected in a page and then attempt to right click a link you will not get the link options on the context menu, only the selected text options.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: December 13, 2006 07:01AM

It seems to be normal ...

Before right-clicking a link, just click in the page to unselect text

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: jk-
Date: December 13, 2006 09:08AM

Before right-clicking a link, just click in the page to unselect text
well yea, obviously. but you shouldn't have to. It wasn't like this in 1.02 and it isn't like this in firefox

Posted by: Dorian
Date: December 13, 2006 02:39PM

Ok, I need some organisation to progress further else that will not be possible. I'm currently short on time. So, when I'll get some time to work on kmeleon, I don't want to lose some sorting all this stuff out.

All 1.1a specific bugs and ideas should be in the wiki since the BT doesn't support version number.

And when I'm at it, all valid bugs/RFEs for kmeleon 1.02 should be in the bug tracker or I'll probably never consider them.

Date: December 13, 2006 10:39PM

Thanks for you update, Dorian.

Should bugs be reported that can't be reproduced easily? I'm trying to nail down a stalling problem that I have with this 1.1 alpha, but I think I can't. K-M is just doing nothing for several seconds (20-30), no progress while loading pages in any window visible (and no data transfer either!), and then it progresses fine. It might happen only if one of the windows is a page with many many small thumbnails, that K-M is loading quite slowly, but then, I'm not sure. (I'm using the usual speed tweaks from 1.02 and prior that I never had problems with.)

Any ETA for bug reporting to the Wiki? I probably don't have any time before Sunday.

Date: December 14, 2006 12:13AM

ra
Should bugs be reported that can't be reproduced easily?
Dorian clearly stated that he has no time to waste. What do you think?

ra
K-M is just doing nothing for several seconds (20-30), no progress while loading pages in any window visible (and no data transfer either!), and then it progresses fine. It might happen only if one of the windows is a page with many many small thumbnails, that K-M is loading quite slowly, but then, I'm not sure. (I'm using the usual speed tweaks from 1.02 and prior that I never had problems with.)
I've observed this too. But only with this forum here. Seems to happen when the page is not responding. Nothing serious...

ra
The save as directory is not always remembered. In most cases it is, but not always. Don't have a 100% repro, yet, but the problem's there (With several windows open changing the directory in one window doesn't always change it for the others.).
I've observed this too. But also with other applications. Nothing serious (and not macro-related)...

Posted by: Dorian
Date: December 14, 2006 12:52PM

ra
Should bugs be reported that can't be reproduced easily?

Yes but separate them.

Any ETA for bug reporting to the Wiki? I probably don't have any time before Sunday.

None, take your time.

Date: December 17, 2006 02:53PM

Alright, mine are in. smiling smiley

kko
I've observed this too. But only with this forum here. Seems to happen when the page is not responding. Nothing serious...

It is serious. K-M doesn't render any page for half a minute or so. The only choice you have is to wait or close the browser. ;-/

I've observed this too. But also with other applications. Nothing serious (and not macro-related)...

It worked previously and even when it's not serious, it's still a regression, a bug.

Date: December 18, 2006 06:10AM

ra
It worked previously and even when it's not serious, it's still a regression, a bug.

Question:

1.) Did You manage to reproduce the error with the same k-meleon core components but a differnt GRE e. g. the previous 1.8.0.7?

2.)Did You manage to reproduce the error with mfcembed.exe?

if 1.) possibly a problem.

if 2.) ( = this reecks like a GRE problem )
kko
Nothing serious...

because K-Meleon project develops k-meleon core, kplugins and macros.

K-Meleon project does not develop the GRE. The later is done by Mozilla.org.
& K-Meleon project has no surplus manpower.

btw. IMHO K-Meleon project should not even patch to hide away bugs that are in the GRE if the time is available (unless they are real show-stoppers for k-m.exe).

what the difinition of kmeloen
Posted by: pinky
Date: December 19, 2006 01:41AM

i want to noe what acctually the difinition of kmeleon and what advantage n disadvantage and specific future for this kmeleon..... hit me back ASAP plss....

Date: December 19, 2006 05:39AM

k-meleon uses Mozilla GRE (like e. g. FFox) plus Win32 native widgets (components) to profit from the good Mozilla engine while achieving good system integration.
You will find some more info at:

http://internet.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/05/03/1649210

K-Meleon is ideally suited for Windows.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: December 19, 2006 07:05AM

ra,

I've noticed that nightlies sometimes differ in bugs. Any ideas of whether or not there are GREs out there that do not have this problem?

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2006 07:05AM by ndebord.

Date: December 19, 2006 12:40PM

1.8.1 is still RC. Lets sit back, try the nightlies & create some macros for k-m ;-)

Posted by: ndebord
Date: December 20, 2006 05:49AM

Guenter,

I've not yet played with 1.1xx. Shall do so now. Have had computer ills again and just finished reloading W98se, and this time around only official upgrades. Had system corruption in DLLs used by my radio modem (Sony Ericsson GC83 with T-Mobile) EDGE service. Really quite nasty and now I ahve to reload a bunch of stuff. Hopefully all will sort itself out soon.

N

Date: December 26, 2006 08:57PM

Is the following a change and is it by design?

When something is selected I'm missing open link in new window / background window in the right click context menu when I right click on a link on the same page (that link is not neccessarily part of the selection). In order to be able to continue regular surfing I first have to de-select the item...

Date: January 07, 2007 04:25PM

Well, no answer is an answer as well. Reported to the wiki along several other things.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.