General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Andres Aules tips and tricks
Posted by: Wendell
Date: January 21, 2003 03:01PM

Andres

On your page you describe a page rendering tip which I think may be wrong but forgive me if I am mistaken. Instead of adding the following, user_pref("nglayout.initialpaint.delay", 0); to the Prefs.js file shouldn't it be added to the user.js file, you have to create the user.js file.

wendell

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Andres Aules tips and tricks
Posted by: Andres
Date: January 22, 2003 08:19AM

Hello

Thank you for the comment but have you tested it with prefs.js and verified it does not work that way? I have no user.js (never used it) and at least I thought that all those prefs work as I described. I think it is preferrable to have all preferences in one file for quick change/reference. But I also think, as to prefs.js and user.js, that it is an either-or matter.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 22, 2003 12:31PM

Andres,

It shouldn't matter where the pref. appears so placing it in prefs.js is OK. Just for clarification, whatever is placed in user.js overwrites what is placed in prefs.js at startup. Typically, user.js just contains a few preferences as opposed to the whole list of preferences that are included in prefs.js.

Date: January 22, 2003 01:50PM

Thx for replies, you could be right, I had made a user.js file and maybe it conflicted with the prefs.js file. I'll take out the user.js and try it.

wendell

Date: January 22, 2003 09:17PM

Your right, when you add the line to the user.js file and reboot, it shows uo in the Prefs.js file so I it appears an entry in Prefs.js is all that is needed.

wendell

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 23, 2003 04:47AM

Wendell,

User.js will actually overwrite what you have in prefs.js so if they are in conflict, user.js takes precedent.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.