General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
default zoom
Posted by: Michael_K
Date: December 03, 2006 04:26PM

Hi, everybody.

In fact I prefere K-Meleon because of its full-page zoom capability and compact size. I need to have really huge font size to see OK.
(K-meleon zoom level 20 or more).
Preferred zoom level (picture)

The problem is the default zoom level, which is too small to read for me. So I cannot browse the just opened page until pressing "zoom in" button several times.

Can I change the default zoom level? Or can you suggest another browser (ideally more compatible with IE) with full page zoom feature.

Another problem is default encoding. I've changed it to russian (as i'm from Russia).
but sometimes K-Meleon just don't
want to use it (Like in russian filenames on FTP-servers).
I there any thougts how to fix it?

I use K-Meleon version 1.02
Please, help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: default zoom
Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: December 03, 2006 07:14PM

This is close to being an issue for me too. My minimal zoom is x3, x6 for most forums, and x8-plus-plus for many sites. Of course there are a lot of bad pages where I still have to copy text to read in a text editor because the ^%#&*^%@ idiots use fixed-size divisions...rant, rant...anyway, the smooth text zooming is one of the biggest reasons I use K-M.

In about:config you can change default font sizes. Instead of 13, try 16 or more for cyrillic, both fixed and variable.

I need to stick with something close to original defaults so I can make "normal" webpages sad smiley *sob, sob* - oh well, I suppose I burn off a few calories cranking the keys. LOL

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: December 03, 2006 07:16PM

Ack I probably meant 20 or more, I see that the cyrillic is already at 16.

Posted by: Michael_K
Date: December 03, 2006 10:21PM

In fact I wrote not just about font size, but FULL PAGE zoom. (Including pictures etc.)

Pictures (as well as Flash objects) are often used as links to navigate the site.

If I would need font ONLY zooming I would stay with IE (with Extra large windows font, "Text size - Largest" and "Use custom font size" options).
IE is better in the mention of compatibility and really good multi-language support...

But I REALLY NEED full-page zoom!
So I prefere K-Meleon.

HELP!!!

Posted by: sliderule
Date: December 25, 2006 03:08PM

Michael_K:

I am not certain this will resolve, but your question:

Michael_K
In fact I wrote not just about font size, but FULL PAGE zoom. (Including pictures etc.)

might be resolved by following this method from the menu:

Edit -> Preferences -> on the left, click on Display -> on the right Minimum font size for web enter a value, for instance 18 -> OK

Try different values for the Minimum font size for web until you find the size that best meets your needs.

Please be sure to let me / us know if this helps.

Sliderule

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2006 03:26PM by sliderule.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.