General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Blocking cookies on one site only?
Posted by: Cliff Laine
Date: December 08, 2006 05:17PM

Hello everybody

I was wondering if it's possible to block cookies on one site only.

I use Haloscan for commenting but I've got two user accounts with them and the cookie is logging me in with one of my user names every time, so it would be good if every time I went to haloscan.com it could ask me for the particualr user name I want to use.

I'm sure there's a way to do this in the permissions but I can't remember it, so any assistance would be gratefully received.

TIA

Cliff Laine
Lancaster. UK
W89, K-M 1.0

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blocking cookies on one site only?
Posted by: guenter
Date: December 08, 2006 06:04PM

1.) go to Preferences/Priacy/exceptions enter url to block,pres block button.
2.) no idea - except use 1.1 beta and force -new instance with new profile
via command line.

But maybe someone else has a better idea for the second.

greetings to North-UK - guenter, Hannover

Posted by: Cliff Laine
Date: December 11, 2006 11:05AM

Hello Guenter

Thanks you for that - I've managed to achieve a partial success, but the problem is in the way that haloscan works I think.

Best wishes

Cliff Laine
Cliff Laine
Lancaster, UK
W98, K-M 1.0

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: December 11, 2006 07:08PM

You must edit hostperm.1 file in your profile directory and set that rule you have created with the guenter instructions with the 8 value instead 2 which must have after block it. The 8 tells K-meleon to allow the cookie only for the season so the next time you go to the site AFTER CLOSE K-MELEON/CLOSE CURRENT SESSION OF K-MELEON (very important) it will ask you for your user and password again.

If you set the value to 2 it could work but as there is nothing telling the site you are logged it could cause problems.

It is a problem with Haloscan because in the login form doesn't ask if yor want to be remembered (typical checkbox) :/

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.