General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Flash 9
Posted by: crabboy
Date: December 12, 2006 10:57AM

Until recently, when I opened a site with a flash video, I got an "f" symbol that I could click if I wanted to see the presentation. Since installing flash 9, I automatically get the presentation. How can I go back to the old setting?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Flash 9
Posted by: Terry
Date: December 12, 2006 11:29AM

Click on Edit-Advanced Preferences-Content Filters then put a check in the Enable Flashblock box. Close K-M then re-open.

Posted by: crabboy
Date: December 12, 2006 11:53AM

Found it - had it checked before, as I now remember. Could it have gotten unchecked when I installed flash 9?
Anyway, working now. Thanks.

Posted by: Dave
Date: December 12, 2006 12:08PM

I have the "Enable Flashblock" unchecked and I still only get the "f". I would like for the flash to run automatically. How do I do this? Thanks.

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 12, 2006 01:36PM

place flash player plugin inside plugins folder is upposed to do start imidiately.

maybe try other player?
http://www.videolan.org/ VLC media player

Posted by: bst82551
Date: December 13, 2006 01:21AM

@Dave
You may have to change the settings in about:config. Type "flash" into the filter and change flashblock.enabled to... false? (sorry, I'm not using a build with flashblock in it, so I can't check)
Ohhhhh... and also make sure you restart K-Meleon. Disabling flashblock requires a restart. That includes turning off the loader as well (if you are using it).

Brian

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.