General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
E-mail address automatic fill-in
Posted by: Tomlouis
Date: December 31, 2006 07:11AM

When I used Firefox, my former browser, to access either of my two e-mail accounts and then I typed in an e-mail address, the full address would automatically appear below after I typed a couple of letters. (This assumes, of course, that I had typed in that address at some point in the past.)

But when I use K-Meleon to access either account and then type in an e-mail address, no address will automatically appear, even if the person I'm e-mailing is in my favorite-contacts list. (If I click on a name in the favorite-contacts list that name will pop into the address bar.)

The situation is the same on my XP computer and my Windows 2000 computer.

I've just started using K-Meleon and I really like it, but I'm puzzled by this problem.

I have to send many e-mails daily to a business associate; using Firefox I would type the first two letters and then click on the name as it popped up. Now I have to type in the name a dozen or so times each day, or search for it in the favorite-contacts list.

I'm not very technically savvy. I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: E-mail address automatic fill-in
Posted by: ndebord
Date: December 31, 2006 03:22PM

Tom,

Others who are more technically savvy than I, will probably jump in on this question. It sounds like you are using online email. Could you share who you are using? (Gmail, Yahoo?)

Tks,

N

Date: December 31, 2006 08:54PM

I'm using Hotmail.com. I also have an e-mail account with Adelphia (Time Warner) and I have the same problem there. Thanks.

Date: January 01, 2007 08:08AM

Tom,

I do not have either of your online email accounts, but when I use my online Yahoo email account and after logging in, click on the compose button, when I type in letters in the TO: box (from whatever I ahve in my address book of course), it automatically fills in missing letters after I insert a beginning letter like T. I see the exact same behavior in FF 1.5.0.8, so wonder what is different in your setup. I'm using KM 1.0.2, the official release. I also run with Java and Popups turned off and Javascript and Images turned on.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2007 08:08AM by ndebord.

Date: January 02, 2007 06:40PM

Thanks for your experimentation in response to my question, ndebord. I'm using the 1.02 version of K-Meleon, downloaded from the official site. I'm not sure about the settings of Java, Javascript, and Images on my computers; I will check on that. I doubt that my security software would be causing my problem, but I will turn it off to see if there is a change. Best New Year's wishes to all on this forum.

Date: January 03, 2007 04:36AM

Anyone here have either of these accounts and are unable to get the autocomplete thing working in their address books? I'm at a loss here as I cannot replicate Tom's problem on my online accounts? Any help here...

Tks,

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2007 04:36AM by ndebord.

Posted by: ErnestoRivera
Date: July 27, 2007 08:06AM

Date: July 27, 2007 08:08AM

ErnestoRivera