General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Installing Flash
Posted by: Peabody
Date: February 04, 2007 02:23AM

I'm using K-M 1.02 and NT4 (SP6a).

I just installed Flash 7.0.69---the last version supporting Windows NT4 (SP6a). So on next to testing.

I went to the following page, which contains an interactive flash movie:

How Web Animation Works

I saw no movie. No picture. Nothing. Just text and the following caption:

An interactive Flash movie from our submarine article. Click on the buttons to make the sub surface and submerge.

I saw no buttons.

I saw a message that I had JavaScript disabled. Yup, that's for sure because that is the way I surf. But for this site, I temporarily enabled JavaScript and reloaded the page. Nada. Same results.

I have no clue what I should do to enable Flash. I'm unsure whether Flash is even installed correctly. The following files are located in my K-M plugin directory:

npswf32.dll
GetFlash.exe

I installed the Netscape version of Flash because I do not have ActiveX support installed on my box.

The plugin is listed in about: plugins. I verified the version number of npswf32.dll is 7.0.69.

I enabled the Flash Blocker and restarted K-M. I then at least received a box outline with a "F" symbol in the middle. When I hovered the mouse over the object, the "F" changed to a right-facing arrow. When I clicked on the arrow, the entire block outline collapsed/disappeared as though nothing was originally there.

I added a mime type of application/x-shockwave-flash, but that made no difference.

Just to be sure I bypassed my proxies and connected directly to be sure that was not the problem. No change in the results.

FWIW, the same files exist in the Firefox 2.0 plugins directory and flash does not work there either. But I use K-M most of the time.

Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Installing Flash
Posted by: bst82551
Date: February 04, 2007 07:20AM

You may have adblock and flashblock installed side by side. Try disabling adblock or playing with the filters.

Brian

Posted by: ndebord
Date: February 05, 2007 06:00AM

Brian,

How do you disable adblock?

Tks,

N

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 05, 2007 08:37AM

@ndebord, In the versions that have AdBlock such as 0.9.13 in AdBlock preferences, You unckeck activating. But AFAIK Peabody uses a version that uses flasblock and css filtering and that is maniplutated via Avanced Perferences. It is filtered by proxy,
Adblock etc. pp. ... AFAIK frequent setting problems with several Mozillas. To get it configured I normally use a Netscape install and the copy over the plugins dir.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: February 08, 2007 05:08AM

Guenter,

Adblock in 0.9.13.xxx is unchecked now. I originally used it, but didn't really get how to use it properly so set it aside for now. Don't know that I want to try a proxy filter either.

I'll have to play around with this a bit.

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.