General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Zero Byte Temp Files
Posted by: Peabody
Date: February 09, 2007 12:16AM

K-M 1.02 creates a zero byte file in my %TEMP% directory when I access files online. But K-M never cleans house and deletes those zero byte files. Is there a fix for this or this is a bug that needs attention?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Zero Byte Temp Files
Posted by: guenter
Date: February 09, 2007 05:38PM

I aggree - It should be reported as bug if several find it ( no matter whether all do)

I did not find any zero byte files but we all should look after it.
{There is a 1 kb file in use in Windows/Temp (XP has more than one temp location)}
And it would not surprise me if the darft file mananger missjudges size :-)

p. s. ppl that also use FFox/TBird or so should look whether other Geko based apps have the same habbit on their system ( that is to find our whether it is k-m or GRE bug). There is another oddity, GRE compiled with K-Meleon create a k-meleon folder in aps data not matter what profile location is specified - if You exchange the files: xpcom.dll, xpcom_compat.dll and xpcom_core.dll with one compiled with another compiler this does not seem to happen.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: February 10, 2007 06:25PM

guenter
I did not find any zero byte files
Neither did I (w2k/SP4).

Posted by: Peabody
Date: February 10, 2007 07:28PM

I have noticed this problem only with K-M and not Firefox. That K-M is the only gecko browser to create these zero-byte files is what caused me to notice.

I have not understood exactly how or when these files are created. I shall try to duplicate the problem with better precision to help troubleshooting. All I can offer at the moment is they are related to either direct downloading of files or opening files temporarily within the browser.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.