General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: How to manually update KM 1.0.2
Posted by: guenter
Date: March 10, 2007 10:33AM

guenter
The browser security warning is from missing freebl3.dll in root.
That is where Your bat placed it. Some 1.7.x files might be gone; if so - it does not matter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jmillar
Date: March 19, 2007 07:36PM

The freebl3.dll file in the root dir of an upgraded Kmeleon installation for the sake of SSL should be made a 'sticky' so that more people may see it.

I kept upgrading from succesive Seamonkeys, but run into 'bad SSL installation' problems in secure sites. I didn't want to run the risk of vulnerable GRE's, but the SSL problem was a 'killer', so I returned to Firefox. Now it is solved! :-)

freebl3.dll is THE solution to incremental upgrades to KM 102, retaining all of its refinement and if you don´t feel confident enough to jump to 1.8.1 (with desga2's 'patch', for instance.) I'm happily running a 1.8.0.11 and a 1.8.1.2 at present. But
having fiddled with Dorian's a3 I KNOW I want to play with it!

jmillar

Posted by: ndebord
Date: March 20, 2007 01:06AM

JM>> freebl3.dll is THE solution to incremental upgrades to KM 102, retaining all of its refinement and if you don´t feel confident enough to jump to 1.8.1 (with desga2's 'patch', for instance.) I'm happily running a 1.8.0.11 and a 1.8.1.2 at present. But having fiddled with Dorian's a3 I KNOW I want to play with it!

jmillar,

I sort of understand what you're saying here. My question to you is this: Which freebl3.dll should I use (with KM 1.0.2 and desag2's patch) and where should it reside (in the main KM program folder??).

Tks for listening,

N

Date: March 20, 2007 01:17AM

@nedbord, Not the question of which. It was not in our original plan/list.
Me/Al/Fred... ALL ran into the knife - as my language says. As soon as You know.... It was essential

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2007 01:18AM by guenter.

Date: March 20, 2007 01:26AM

Guenter,

freebl3.dll is residing in my desag2's updated KM 1.0.2, so either he put it in or it was there from an earlier patch. I guess you're saying that it must be a regular part of upgrades for the version of KM.

N

Date: March 20, 2007 01:37AM

Yes now. But if You look at older GRE the file came recently - I & others fell... for it = making updates without noticing it.

I mentioned it fairly early in this thread. It will we with us for some future.
i do not see problem and reason for long threads - we know now.

Date: March 20, 2007 03:02AM

Guenter,

I don't follow the details of the various releases as well as you do, so I appreciate your efforts in these kinds of things. It is good to know that when a problem arises, like this one, that enough eyeballs have looked at it and come up with a viable solution.

<wry grin>

N

Posted by: desga2
Date: March 20, 2007 08:56AM

My patch update included freebl3.dll version 3.11.4.0 in the main KM program folder.
This file aren´t included in original 1.02 version but must be included in all GRE version 1.8.1.2. For example is included in all K-M 1.1 alpha and beta versions, K-Ninja (1.8.1.2), Fred's updates (1.8.1.2) and linux versions (1.8.1.2).

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2007 08:57AM by desga2.

Date: March 20, 2007 03:43PM

desga2,

Thanks for confirming how freebl3.dll showed up in my patched KM 1.0.2. THOUGHT it was from your executable, but wasn't exactly sure as I did not log the different files when I did the reinstall.

Much thanks,

N

Posted by: desga2
Date: March 20, 2007 11:23PM

My exe patch create a file named PatchWise.log in the main KM program folder that loged all modified files. (With or without checked backup option)

Greetings.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: March 21, 2007 06:20AM

desga2,

I've been so busy that I didn't stop to look for a logfile. The idea that there is one makes me very happy with the design of that executable.

Tks

N

Posted by: Brie Bruns
Date: March 26, 2007 12:20AM

Offically, I'm no longer maintaining the updates for the older 1.7 GRE. This is just because I can't reliably do it since I no longer run the older K-Meleon 0.9.

I'm looking at making a new version of the update for 1.0.x due to the fact I've had... issues, with the latest KM beta's changes regarding things like macros.

Its on my plate of things to do, when I get a moment.

Date: March 27, 2007 02:03AM

Brie,

I was running various takeoffs on 0.9. I had issues and have moved on to KM 1.0.2 instead and this patch executable which works so nicely.

I too have found issues with the beta for KM 1.1 and have held back on using it, other than for testing purposes.

An even newer patched KM 1.0.2 would be greatly appreciated.

<g>

N

Posted by: bruns
Date: April 25, 2007 07:03AM

For what its worth, when Brian was doing the updates to 0.9, here is the cygwin shell script used to create the update. I can also send a copy of the NSI script used to build the installer if someone wants to give it a shot. Its ugly as hell, but it worked.

It was easy back then to do... But the size had to be increased towards the end of 1.7.13 in order to accomidate all the changes that were being brought about in the GRE.

#!/bin/bash

# Script to automatically copy over all files needed to build the
# K-Meleon GRE Update.  This is designed to be run under Cygwin on
# Windows.

# Author: Brian Bruns <bruns@2mbit.com>
# Updates: Brielle Bruns <bruns@2mbit.com>
# Note: This script is considered obsolete and EOL.  Unknown
# status with current version of KM 1.x.

INSTALLPATH="C:\installer scripts\k-meleon-geck1713-update"
SOURCESNAP="C:\installer scripts\mozilla-i586-pc-msvc\mozilla"

CYGINSTALLPATH=`cygpath "$INSTALLPATH"`
CYGSOURCESNAP=`cygpath "$SOURCESNAP"`

cd "$CYGSOURCESNAP"

cp -fp js3250.dll mozz.dll plc4.dll ssl3.dll jsj3250.dll nspr4.dll \
	plds4.dll xpcom.dll gkgfx.dll mozctl.dll nss3.dll smime3.dll \
	xpcom_compat.dll mozctlx.dll nssckbi.dll softokn3.dll xpistub.dll \
	"$CYGINSTALLPATH"

rm -fr "$CYGINSTALLPATH/ipc"

cp -Rf ipc "$CYGINSTALLPATH"

cd "$CYGSOURCESNAP/components"

cp -fp content_base.xpt dom_xpath.xpt necko_res.xpt content_html.xpt \
	dom_xul.xpt necko_strconv.xpt content_htmldoc.xpt i18n.dll \
	necko_viewsource.xpt content_xmldoc.xpt imglib2.dll p3p.dll \
	content_xslt.xpt imglib2.xpt p3p.xpt dom.xpt necko.dll xml-rpc.xpt \
	dom_base.xpt necko.xpt xmlextras.dll dom_core.xpt necko2.dll \
	xmlextras.xpt dom_css.xpt necko_about.xpt xpc3250.dll \
	dom_events.xpt necko_cache.xpt xpcom_base.xpt \
	dom_html.xpt necko_cookie.xpt xpcom_compat_c.dll \
	dom_loadsave.xpt necko_data.xpt xpcom_components.xpt \
	dom_range.xpt necko_dns.xpt xpcom_ds.xpt \
	dom_stylesheets.xpt necko_file.xpt xpcom_io.xpt \
	dom_traversal.xpt necko_ftp.xpt xpcom_obsolete.xpt \
	dom_views.xpt necko_http.xpt xpcom_thread.xpt \
	dom_xbl.xpt necko_jar.xpt xpcom_xpti.xpt \
     accessibility.dll appshell.dll caps.dll chrome.dll composer.dll \
     docshell.dll editor.dll embedcomponents.dll intlcmpt.dll ipcdc.dll \
     jar50.dll jsd3250.dll oji.dll pipboot.dll pipnss.dll pippki.dll profile.dll \
     rdf.dll transformiix.dll txmgr.dll typeaheadfind.dll uconv.dll ucvmath.dll \
     universalchardet.dll wallet.dll webbrwsr.dll xppref32.dll accessibility-msaa.xpt \
     accessibility.xpt appshell.xpt caps.xpt chardet.xpt composer.xpt docshell_base.xpt \
     intl.xpt intlcmpt.xpt ipcd.xpt jar.xpt jsconsole.xpt jsdservice.xpt jsurl.xpt \
     layout_base.xpt layout_xul.xpt layout_xul_tree.xpt locale.xpt oji.xpt pipboot.xpt \
     pipnss.xpt pippki.xpt pref.xpt prefetch.xpt profile.xpt rdf.xpt shistory.xpt sidebar.xpt \
     txmgr.xpt txtsvc.xpt typeaheadfind.xpt uconv.xpt unicharutil.xpt uriloader.xpt \
     wallet.xpt walleteditor.xpt walletpreview.xpt webBrowser_core.xpt xpconnect.xpt \
     xpconnect_tests.xpt xpinstall.xpt xuldoc.xpt \
	"$CYGINSTALLPATH/components"

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.