K. Meleon Background color
Posted by: Kewe
Date: February 28, 2007 05:52PM

Hi.

Buying a new computer, the white background now hurts my eyes and I've changed the color in Windows so all white become a cream color.

This doesn't apply to K. Meleon.

I see mention in forum that you can override the browser colors in user preferences
but it doesn't mention the code to do it.

Can someone supply the code override for the main screen - using any color. I can
easily substitute the color that makes me see the white screen better.

Thanks.

Re: K. Meleon Background color
Posted by: kko
Date: February 28, 2007 10:05PM

Buying a new computer, the white background now hurts my eyes and I've changed the color in Windows so all white become a cream color.

Well, yes, that's a possibility. You could also take on sun glasses. Another possibility might be to reduce the screen's brightness. But why simple when it also works complicated... winking smiley

Paste one of the following rules to your userContent.css (Edit > Configuration > User-Defined StyleSheet):

1) This will only effect empty browser windows:

@-moz-document url(about:blank) {
body { background-color: Window; }
}

2) This will effect all pages that do not have a background color set:

body { background-color: Window; }

3) This will effect ALL pages:

body { background-color: Window !important; }

You have to restart km to make changes in your userContent.css take effect.
'Window' is the symbolic name for your OS's window color, whatever it actually is.

Posted by: Kewe
Date: March 01, 2007 04:12PM

Thank you for giving me the three options.

This has taken me a little further into the heart of K-Meleon.

I did not know there existed a User-Defined StyleSheet for the browser.

`Another possibility might be to reduce the screen's brightness.`

That was my first option, but so far I can't figure out how to do this.

The notebook I've bought doesn't seem to have a program as the old Toshiba notebook had for reducing brilliance.

I can't figure out how to do it through XP so the choice for me is to go into Control Panel/Display and change the Window color and the Application Background color.

With the additional information on the Mozilla style sheet page, this allows me to do the same thing with FireFox, which I use occasionally when needing SSL because of its ability to clear private date on exit.

I also use FireFox as a check on the website I program for Mozilla, as there are differences with K-Meleon,

I am self taught so there is a lot I don't know. I only figure out how to do something when there is no other choice.

K-Meleon is my preferred browser. I am on it 90% of the time.

Posted by: ra
Date: March 01, 2007 09:38PM

The notebook I've bought doesn't seem to have a program as the old Toshiba notebook had for reducing brilliance.

There are usually hardware keys for that matter (brightness most often looks like a sun). They go together with the [FN] key (often in blue or the like, lower left corner). Please have a look at the manual...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.