General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Install the shockwave player
Posted by: Raiman
Date: January 28, 2003 08:34PM

Please help! I had a hard time to try to install the shockwave plugin 8.51 to work with K-meleon.
After I read all the messages from the forum, I couldn't find the files I need to copy in the K-meleon plugin's folder.

Please advise.

thanks

Rainman

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Install the shockwave player
Posted by: rainman
Date: January 28, 2003 09:45PM

This message is for the user may have the same problem to install the shockwave player.

First you have to download & install the netscape 7 .Next install the shockwave player plugin for netscape. Finally,copy these files "npswf32.dll; np32dsw.dll; ShockwavePlugin.class" from the netscape plugin folder to K-meleon plugin in folder and restart k-meleon.

I hope Macmedia know that IE & Netscape are not the only browers in the world.

rainman

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 28, 2003 10:20PM

rainman,

If you make a copy of your k-meleon.exe and rename it netscape.exe, Shockwave will install the proper plugin files without having to download Netscape. Yes, it is a hack but it works.

Posted by: rainman
Date: January 28, 2003 11:29PM

Andrew,

Thanks for your advise . Before I download the netscape I tried your advise already to rename the K-meleon.exe to Netscape.exe but the Shockwave installer still requests the netscape before to install it's plugin. I assume it must be something to with the registry because before I had k-meleon 0.7, Mozilla was my main browser.

rainman

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 29, 2003 12:26AM

rainman,

Hmmm, OK, I'll check that out. That worked in the past.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.