General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
clipboard management?
Posted by: wsemajb
Date: March 10, 2007 06:45PM

Please excuse what might be an elementary question.

I believe it is possible to retrieve cut/paste clips from a que but I don't know how to achieve this. For instance, say I've copied text to paste and then later, after subsequent copy/pastes, wish to retrieve it.

Is this possible in kmeleon? Are there settings to activate this ability? Is there a third party .exe that would make this possible?

Thank you all very much.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: clipboard management?
Posted by: guenter
Date: March 10, 2007 10:48PM

No problem - there are only silly answers.

Mark text ( go over it with left mouse buttom pressed) - then when it is marked, right click - that should activate menu relevant item - next choose copy - next right click with filled cache should also offer paste. 1.)

If that does not work - please report a system specific failure in bugs forum.

With reports try to be as detailed as possible. Maybe also check whether mouse works the same with other applications...

Feedback whether You get it to work wanted. reason 1.)

p. s. I am here fore several years - some systems sure missbehave and some k-meleon install break. On some systems things work only sometimes...
also comment if it only works sporadically (maybe that is English too ;-)

1.) remark: a guy from Hamburg told me yesterday somthing similar does not on his system :-( when he has to use html forms.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2007 10:48PM by guenter.

Posted by: wsemajb
Date: March 11, 2007 06:59PM

Thank you guenter, but I don't think I explained my problem clearly enough. I'm able to cut/copy/past without problem using both the right click menu and the toolbar dropdown. The trouble I'm having is that I'd like to be able to retrieve a copied item after subsequent copy/pastes.

I was working on something yesterday and wanted to transfer a large block of text. I copied it and, too confidently, closed the page, and while I was negotiating my way to the page that I wanted to paste to, I absentmindedly copied soemthing else. When I went to paste my block of text, it had been replaced by my "mistake". Man was I pissed.

I know that it would be wise to simply use notepad or wordpad to save each copy/edit but I'm almost postive that I read somewhere that these edits continue to exist in some retrievable form on the clipboard. Am I mistaken?
Does each subsequent copy/paste erase what was previously in the queue? I'm using windows XP. But I also have ME on another laptop.

I did download something from Tucows called "clipboard magic". It serves my purpose quite well, it saves everything in memory that I have cut/copied/pasted so that should I want to retrieve something I copied earlier that minute/hour/session, I just open the window from the utility tray and there everything is. I guess I could just stop right there, but I'd hate to be using another extra program in my tray if this is a feature that is already available in Kmeleon.

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 12, 2007 05:14AM

IMHO the dedicated program that You use is a better solution else devs would have to implement the feature for every program - and that would be consuming more resources in the end.

As far as I remember there was a macro that let You use two clipboards but I do not think it is usable with the current versions.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: March 12, 2007 06:29AM

You can use another product as Ditto, which makes more than what you need, but must do what need.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.