General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: K-Meleon1.1 beta
Posted by: kko
Date: April 20, 2007 01:22PM

James
I have just noticed a problem using Mapquest with beta 1. I don't see the map. The address maps correctly in 1.02 but does not appear using beta 1. All the rest of the page displays OK. Both my 1.02 and beta 1 are on the same computer and have the same plugins. The address I was mapping is 8021 E. 33rd Street South, Tulsa, OK.

WFM.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 20, 2007 02:59PM

OK, since it worked for kko I booted up the laptop and tried it there. It did work. The only difference that I know of is that on the desktop I ran without a profile.ini file but I did use one on the laptop. That puts the location of the profile in different places.

One other item that may have a bearing is that when I do the help about on the desktop I get version info that looks like this
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)

On the laptop I get that line but also the GRE info. I am sure that GRE info was there right after I installed. Looks like something has gone wrong with the desktop install. I have at times had beta and 1.02 running at the same time. Could that have caused a cross write of anything?

Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 20, 2007 06:41PM

Found it! Sometimes I do some not too bright things. I had changed the user agent to MSIE6 and left it there at some time in the past. Was looking at all the menu items just to check and saw that. I changed it back to default and now can see Mapquest just fine.

Posted by: Elwood
Date: April 22, 2007 08:28PM

This may be kind of a dumb question, but I have a question about loading K-Meleon Beta. If I download it and install it, will it install over K-Meleon 1.02? Or can both operate independently of one another? K-Meleon 1.02 works so well right now, that I don't really want to take a chance fo messing that up but I would like to try the beta. I realize the instructions say to be sure to either use a different Profile or back up the default Profile, but I am not sure what that accomplishes and I can't find anything that definitely states whether the two versions can co-exist on the same system. Thanks for any insight!

Elwood

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: April 22, 2007 08:52PM

The better way to use two or more versions of K-Meleon is to install it under another folder, and before launching it add the file profile.ini in kmeleon root folder. The folder profiles will be created under K-Meleon folder and not under "Documents and settings"

Install are now completely distinct.

Content of profile.ini

[Profile]
path=Profiles
isrelative=1

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: BenoitRen
Date: April 25, 2007 10:02AM

I'm getting impatient. When will 1.1 Final be released? sad smiley

Posted by: desga2
Date: April 25, 2007 07:59PM