General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
New Downloader Added
Posted by: Rapido
Date: March 28, 2007 03:57PM

I just wish to tell you that I've tried Orbitdownloader with K-meleon and it is a success. It is easy to intergrate this downloader (http://www.orbitdownloader.com/) with K-meleon. Just download and install and copy nporbit.dll into K-meleons pluginsfolder and restart browser and it should work.

Yours: Rapido

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Downloader Added
Posted by: guenter
Date: March 29, 2007 05:54PM

thx - nice find!

Posted by: Bob D
Date: March 30, 2007 10:58PM

Very nice indeed.
Thanx.

Posted by: zippo
Date: March 31, 2007 11:51PM

Hi,
thanks for the tip. do you need to do anythings else to make Orbit the default downloader when you right click on the mouse and select 'Save Link Target As' so that Orbit pops up and not the KM downloader?

Thanks,

Posted by: ndebord
Date: April 01, 2007 03:40AM

Rapido,

So I'm guessing, but the key to orbit would be to have it loaded up all the time in the system tray?

N

Date: April 01, 2007 05:06PM

Hi! Again! Nope you don't have to do anything and nope you don't need to have it in tray either so just enjoy this downloader.

Date: April 01, 2007 05:10PM

Oh! I forgot one thing you have to do and that is to choose the download path where you want to put the thing you wish to download and then save and it always will be the default path for downloads.

Posted by: mei ai
Date: April 02, 2007 02:11AM

HI,
Appreciate for your recommend of our software "Orbit Downloader ".We
released new version 1.5.2 to fix some bugs.If time allows,We’d like to hear the suggestion of product promotion from you.Or would you like to give us some strategy or idea of how to popularize it? We hope users will find Orbit Downloader a powerful program that meets all their downloading needs.
Please feel free to contact us at any time.
Thank you.

Mei ai
orbitteam.bd@gmail.com

Posted by: ndebord
Date: April 03, 2007 04:05AM

Rapido,

Thanks for the tip about the C;\download directory. I noticed that Orbit had created it, so I went in and changed its default to my favorite directory (C:\dl).

<g>

N

Posted by: foobarly
Date: April 03, 2007 05:46PM

I did as told above, but the downloader fails to fire up when a download link is triggered...

Any sugestions?

Date: April 03, 2007 10:53PM

Have you checked the following: Drop Zone marked, Clipboard monitoring marked, Browser monitoring marked and Flash/Streaming Media Catcher marked if not mark this and try again ans see if it works.

Date: April 04, 2007 12:18PM

Got it! I had Clipboard monitoring unchecked; checked it and it is now working as it should in KM...

Problem is, now Orbit's the default DL manager for IE too, where previously I had another DL manager configured. Any workaround for this?

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: April 04, 2007 12:29PM

No more using IE :-)

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Date: April 09, 2007 09:17AM

I don't really use IE, but some sort of frontend named MixBrowser that works as my feed reader and webarchiver -- pretty convenient, since most of the sites out there seem to be brewed with IE in mind. I would like to keep my setup...

Posted by: kamik
Date: April 09, 2007 10:29AM

deselect "browser integration" - "maxthon" and in "monitoring" - deselect "browser monitoring"
because, if U right integrate Orbit in k-m, U woll wee in "advanced prederences"-"browsing"-"file handling" file associations on open with browser.

Date: April 10, 2007 06:22PM

Kamik,

Did as told, still testing. Couldn't find "file handling" in Advanced Prefs|Browsing, though...

Using:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070222 K-Meleon/1.02
[from About K-Meleon]

Tanx

Posted by: guenter
Date: April 11, 2007 03:55AM

"file handling" in Advanced Prefs|Browsing is a menue in Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3pre) Gecko/20070310 K-Meleon/1.1 beta.

With 1.02 You could try via mtypes - but have no idea I do not use IE or IE shell.

Date: April 13, 2007 11:07AM

I see. Tanx to all. L8r.

Posted by: Arrow
Date: April 13, 2007 05:58PM

How do you create a context menu such as it automatically installs into internet explorer shell browsers?

"download by orbit"
"download all by orbit"
"download selected by orbit"
"grab video by orbit"

Date: April 14, 2007 12:50PM

As respond to filehandling do this: first klick preferences and then monitoring and you should see filehandling it's named filetypes. See if it helps someone else.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.