General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: K-Meleon 1.1RC
Posted by: Dorian
Date: May 08, 2007 11:11AM

Hao Jiang
K-Meleon 1.1 works in Vista when the most of vista effects off, however failed to load links when all Vista effects on... Don't know why...

This explains why I can't reproduce it ....

enaitzjga
Have you seen this Brian Brun's post?

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,71757

Hao has find it to be a great improvement to see videos online, may it be a good add for the 1.1?

If it's redistribuable, small and could satisfy those saying that wmp doesn't work, I don't see any objection.

BenoitRen
On K-Meleon 1.1, I can view web pages by clicking the bookmarks, and clicking links on web pages. It's just the URL bar that doesn't want to cooperate.

In that case you have to find since what version it's broken. I was able to run kmeleon on an old system with W95, and the urlbar was working :\

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bruns
Date: May 09, 2007 01:27AM

Dorian
Have you seen this Brian Brun's post?

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,71757

Hao has find it to be a great improvement to see videos online, may it be a good add for the 1.1?

If it's redistribuable, small and could satisfy those saying that wmp doesn't work, I don't see any objection.

Based on my reading of the license, I don't think distributing it with K-Meleon is exactly allowed. Technically, I don't see any direct issues with me providing an unpacked version, considering I'm not bypassing any restrictions (in fact, using the original installer you can install it, but its not put in the right places), but IANAL.

Of course, could create a simple script to do it on the end users computer if you wanted to.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2007 01:35AM by bruns.

Date: May 09, 2007 09:33AM

Then the best would be to add something in the FAQ i suppose.

Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: May 09, 2007 09:46AM

Dorian
Then the best would be to add something in the FAQ i suppose.

That would be nice we can have a FAQ for 1.1 when it's offically released.

Posted by: heavensake
Date: May 09, 2007 03:28PM

Second day running on Vista Premium and works well. Minor issues: set password and then when visit second time am asked if I want to save, etc. again. I use my IE favorites and note that there is no button beside each favorite.

Thanks again. :-)

Posted by: noel-pg2
Date: May 11, 2007 03:52PM

Kmeleon 1.1 RC2 worked fine on the old Win95 SR2.5 machine (including the URL bar) and on my WinXP SP2 computer. Benoitren may need to update some W95 DLL files (or delete & recreate the KM profile) OR re-install Kmeleon 1.1 AND install the "Multi-user profiles" feature (even on a single user PC) to get the URL bar working correctly.

Too bad the Download Express macro listed here:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=Download+Express
does NOT work under Kmeleon 1.1 RC. It was not updated to work with KM 1.1...at least not yet. It only works under KM 1.02. And I like using the Download Express program to download files. It'll be nice to integrate DE into Kmeleon 1.1 someday.

A discussion about the problem(s) with the Download Express macro here:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,68657

Posted by: ndebord
Date: May 11, 2007 07:22PM

Noel,

Less is more for me with K-Meleon addons and macros. Wackget works and lives entirely inside K-meleon's folder(s) and so although I enjoy testing new and old alternatives, I always come back to it in the end.

<g>

N

Date: May 11, 2007 08:15PM

Dorian
Hao Jiang
K-Meleon 1.1 works in Vista when the most of vista effects off, however failed to load links when all Vista effects on... Don't know why...

This explains why I can't reproduce it ....

It turns out to be we need to disable the 'enable destop composition' option and everything works fine. So this is where the compatibility problem comes from.

Regards,

Hao

Posted by: BenoitRen
Date: May 11, 2007 10:38PM

I just installed it again, this time with Multi-User Profiles enabled. That didn't change a thing.

I have a fully updated system. However, it's IE-free. Don't tell me that K-Meleon is using components from that crappy browser. sad smiley

Posted by: ra
Date: May 12, 2007 01:07PM

1.1 RC2 looks good! Some small quirks fixed and stable.

The only new problem I found so far is that the URL drop down list on auto-complete sometimes spots bold and bigger font and I don't know why (re-opening the browser is "fixing" it for the moment).

Some old problems are still there, stalling and the not immediately remembered save as directories.

Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: May 13, 2007 01:52PM

I don't like the way groups are now managed.

Looks like there are no keyboard shortcut, and when the group appears it's a bit too rough and buggy how their layers came in, I mean that they appear jumping like a couple of gremlins who were waiting behind a door (I don't know how to describe it better).

I don't know how (and if) it could be softened or smoothed a bit, but IMHO adding a keyboard hot key shouldn't be a great problem.

PS. By the way, es-ES Wiki Notes translation was finished today, monday the 14th.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2007 11:46AM by enaitzjga.

Re: K-Meleon 1.1 RC2
Posted by: M
Date: May 13, 2007 09:23PM

Why isn't there a 7z version of the RC?

Posted by: おざなりさん
Date: May 14, 2007 06:15AM

よう。(´Д`)y-~~日本から遙々来た
テストがてら使っるとこだ。_( (_´Д`)_とりあえず仲良くしてくれ

Posted by: おざなりさん
Date: May 14, 2007 08:33AM

気に入ったら少しだけど寄付するから頑張ってくれな。(´Д`)y-~~手伝えることがあれば手伝ってもいいぞ

Date: May 14, 2007 04:55PM

よろしくお願いします!
o_o

Date: May 14, 2007 04:58PM

Looks like a japanese friend with some problems with the UTF encoding.

Is someone correctly viewing the previous (not Dorian's) post? Hao?

Date: May 14, 2007 09:02PM

What I can see is Dorian is anwering our japanese friend in Japanese which I can't understand. But the japanese is showing correctly...

Date: May 14, 2007 09:34PM

Well, this is interesting since I can only see lots of interrogation symbols one after the other, and also some strange symbols I don't understand.

気に入ったら少しだけど寄付するから頑張ってくれな。(´Д`)y-~~手伝えることがあれば手伝ってもいいぞ

The last phrase, copy pasted from one of the previous posts, is what I see.

Date: May 14, 2007 10:29PM

In the 1.02, the typal page not found (document has no data) message shown a lovely green background. Now it's coloured in a real ugly grey colour.

Couldn't it be restaured the green coloured background for the definitive 1.1?
Looked very proper for a K-Meleon named browser.

Posted by: kko
Date: May 15, 2007 10:41AM

enaitzjga
In the 1.02, the typal page not found (document has no data) message shown a lovely green background. Now it's coloured in a real ugly grey colour.

Well, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. :p

That's why the new layout is customizable! grinning smiley

Put this into your userContent.css:

/* restore the lizard-green background */
.km_PageBackground {
background: #62AC2A !important;
}

/* restore entire 1.0 layout */
.km_Border {
border-color: ThreeDLightShadow !important;
}
.km_Icon .km_SpecialBorder {
border-bottom: 0 !important;
}
.km_Icon {
background-image: url("chrome://global/skin/icons/alert-exclam.gif") !important;
background-position: left top !important;
}
body[dir="rtl"] .km_Icon {
background-position: right top !important;
}
.km_IconWidth {
-moz-margin-start: 32px !important;
}
.km_IconHeight {
min-height: 32px !important;
}

Happy experimenting!

Date: May 15, 2007 11:55AM

Well, this is interesting since I can only see lots of interrogation symbols one after the other, and also some strange symbols I don't understand.
I can see it fine too. You should have proper Japanese fonts installed.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: May 18, 2007 01:08AM

Is there any documentation about how lines 13-16 in Docinfo.kmm and line 473 in Main.kmm work? I would like to bring together some information about images like the "media" tab in Mozilla, but I am having trouble understanding the current code. I know we can see size and length and the description in the "alt" field but they are not displayed under the same sub-menu items. I would also like to get the information in the "title" field. I would like to have macro that adds "Media" as a submenu under "Page Properties". I think kko did some of the existing macro work and I need a little more information just to get started.

Posted by: kko
Date: May 18, 2007 11:56AM

James
Is there any documentation about how lines 13-16 in Docinfo.kmm and line 473 in Main.kmm work? I would like to bring together some information about images like the "media" tab in Mozilla, but I am having trouble understanding the current code. I know we can see size and length and the description in the "alt" field but they are not displayed under the same sub-menu items. I would also like to get the information in the "title" field. I would like to have macro that adds "Media" as a submenu under "Page Properties". I think kko did some of the existing macro work and I need a little more information just to get started.

The main idea behind it is to provide a macro infrastructure that can be used to generate standardized JavaScript code for a variety of purposes. This JavaScript code is then injected into the current document/frameset or frame to get information from the DOM. This information is then displayed in an alert box or in a dynamically generated popup window.

docinfo.kmm #13-16: Macro DocInfo_Image sets parameters for macro JS_hndlImage and executes it. The main idea is that we check all the document's images in a loop until we find the currently focused image (by URL comparison). Then we display this image's properties and break the loop. (<input type="image" ...> tags are also checked.)

main.kmm #473: Does what is said in #472. There's no way to determine the currently focused image other than by url comparison (at least I don't know any other way). Inside our JavaScript, we have to compare the value of the macro variable $ImageURL with the image's URL read from the DOM (document.image[?].src). This JavaScript function is to ensure that both strings are escaped the same way in order to be comparabel at all.

I guess, I know what you want to achieve. But I fear, that's a bit too complex to be done with macros/JavaScript. You had to write macros to create and inject JavaScript code that then creates a HTML document containing JavaScript code. And you've already difficulties to understand my code! I'd try to approach this from the chrome side using SeaMonkey's XUL dialog. But I can't tell you whether it's possible, I haven't tried it yet.

Posted by: guenter
Date: May 20, 2007 01:09PM

Posted by: It becomes the ざ, (180.19.30.125.dy.iij4u.or.jp) Date: When May 14, 2007 08:33:56 it likes, but a little, because, it perseveres. (' The Д `) y- - - if there is a thing which it can help it is possible to help.

Our Japanese friend seems to have the same/similar problem that we had with the accents and other diatypical letters in some of our European languages. As far as I understand this problem is fixed now. So it is hopefully a problem fixed also for the Japanese language.

Windows95: The old docus speak of updates needed:
K-Meleon is written by using Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC42.dll).
with mostly obsolete links. But maybe this still fuctional link will help some.

The user interface of K-Meleon uses components available in Microsoft's Common Control Library (ComCtl32.dll).

Which is still in place as: Platform SDK Comonctl32 Redistributables

The latter file seems to have been also used (updated?) by an IE if I understand the old system requirements correctly.

Maybe someone that has 1.1 working with an old system could look which versions are needed or collect them from his system and store them for download?

Date: May 20, 2007 08:44PM

I have MFC42.DLL. I also have a 5.x COMCTL32.DLL file (downloaded from http://toastytech.com/files/comctl32.html ). I should try K-Meleon with the official last version of that one, but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

Date: May 21, 2007 03:32AM

Maybe test with 0.8 also - because we know that that version worked with 95 and NT smiling smiley MS will also let You download the files from my links.

There is also some info last reviewed in May 2007 that explaines what moved Microsoft to update, maybe it helps to find where the problem comes from.

Date: May 21, 2007 04:39PM

ra
The only new problem I found so far is that the URL drop down list on auto-complete sometimes spots bold and bigger font and I don't know why (re-opening the browser is "fixing" it for the moment).

That happens a lot to me with visual studio. More likely a windows quirk smiling smiley

ra
Some old problems are still there, stalling and the not immediately remembered save as directories.

There are quite some changes in the post 1.1 version, so we will see ...

Posted by: ra
Date: May 21, 2007 08:55PM

Dorian
That happens a lot to me with visual studio. More likely a windows quirk smiling smiley
Mmh, that only happened in previous versions when Windows was out of resources (so, with XP quite seldom smiling smiley), it's new to 1.1RC2 that it happens randomly(?)...

There are quite some changes in the post 1.1 version, so we will see ...
... another RC that could be the final 1.1 if nothing serious appears? :-)

Posted by: hxf01
Date: May 22, 2007 05:06AM

We need Chinese version.Thanks!

Date: May 22, 2007 01:54PM

hxf01
We need Chinese version.Thanks!

For this K-Meleon devs will need Chinese volunteers to translate smiling smiley

You only have to translate - Chinese version can AFAIK be hosted here at Source Forge with the other national versions, who's translators want it.

p. s. German version is here since 1.0, and it IMHO looks like Spanish 1.1 and French 1.1 will here also ( and probably additionally at their old location) .

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.