General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
K-Meleon 1.1 Release
Posted by: Dorian
Date: May 22, 2007 08:08PM

Finally... smiling smiley

To our Russian users

There's a little bug in the Russian version of NewsFox that we're distributing (a pre-release of NewsFox 0.7). When you start NewsFox for the very first time, it will create its feed data base in your profile folder. At this point, the name of the overall FEEDS folder is not encoded and 'breaks' the data base.

Workaround:
Right when you start NewsFox for the first time, right-click the 'FEEDS' folder and choose 'Options...' from the menu. Close the opened dialog clicking 'OK'. This will avoid the problem.
When the problem is already present, simply set a new name for this folder.

This problem will be fixed in the final version of NewsFox 0.7. We will offer an update then. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2007 07:32PM by Dorian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 1.1 Release
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: May 22, 2007 08:35PM

The changelog (.txt) still says RC.

By the way, Is the changelog updated?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2007 08:36PM by enaitzjga.

Posted by: kko
Date: May 22, 2007 09:41PM

Finally! grinning smiley

And this time we have 150% more K-Meleon! In addition to the English/International version and the German localization we are proud to present French, Spanish and Russian localizations right from the beginning!

See our Download page and also review the details in the Release Notes.

Thanks to all contributors!

Dorian, for doing a great job and also for his patience. smiling smiley
Alain, who made the installer, SetDefault and the French localization.
guenter, for maintaining our chrome and experimenting.
desga2 and enaitzjga (who's always reading the changelog!), who made the Spanish localization.
Quicksilver Tears, Unghost, Fili and TLemur who made the Russian localization.

Also thanks to Andrey G. and Ron Pruitt from the NewsFox team.

PS: Can anybody explain my why Andrey's surname is banned from our forum?

Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: May 22, 2007 09:45PM

Solid build. Congratulations for a new major release.

BTW, seems the Vista bug got fixed already.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2007 09:46PM by Hao Jiang.

Posted by: Frank
Date: May 23, 2007 02:30AM

My deepest thanks & salutations to Dorian and Team.

Simply amazing !

Frank

Posted by: amutch
Date: May 23, 2007 04:36AM

Don't know how active Mozillazine still is but an announcement there would be warranted since 1.0 was also announced there.

I haven't been keeping up with development but I did download and install 1.1 and it's terrific. It continues to run circles around FF and IE in performance and I still prefer the "layers" toolbar to the tabs in FF and IE. Keep up the good work! It's good to see that the browser continues to keep moving forward.

Posted by: DaComboMan
Date: May 23, 2007 09:36AM

Congrats Dorian!

There's plenty of work in there i'm sure!
Have been more of a Firefoxer for quite some time now but with this version that may well change.

Like amutch said, glad to know "the browser continues to keep moving forward."
Avoiding bloat and keeping it's pizzazz!

smiling smiley

Posted by: greenknight
Date: May 23, 2007 10:08AM

amutch
Don't know how active Mozillazine still is but an announcement there would be warranted since 1.0 was also announced there.
Mozillazine is as active as ever, or moreso (I'm a regular there). An announcement there would be a good idea. I had a feeling that it was time for a K-Meleon update, so I came here looking; but most users lack my psychic powers...

Date: May 23, 2007 10:49AM

Another one with psychic powers? This is becoming some kind rutinary ...

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2007 10:53AM by enaitzjga.

Posted by: Meehowski
Date: May 23, 2007 03:21PM

Awesome!!

Thank you so much!!

Be well.............

Mike

Utica, N.Y.
MCSE

Posted by: ra
Date: May 23, 2007 08:26PM

Thanks! smiling smiley

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: May 23, 2007 10:17PM

God, yeah!

Finally an update.

Downloading and testing. I hope some critical GE security bugs are corrected in 1.8.1.4 smiling smiley

Posted by: guenter
Date: May 24, 2007 05:04AM

I thank all our devs.

apart from the ppl mentioned before I thank kko for modular macros, advanced Preferences Panel, patiance when explaining reasons for changes and last but not least for the German translation of browser, release pages and Forum menus - btw. I probably forgot half of what i wanted to write smiling smiley

Posted by: Yogi
Date: May 24, 2007 08:32AM

Congrats and a big THX to Dorian & the Team!

Date: May 24, 2007 11:42AM

To our Russian users

There's a little bug in the Russian version of NewsFox that we're distributing (a pre-release of NewsFox 0.7). When you start NewsFox for the very first time, it will create its feed data base in your profile folder. At this point, the name of the overall FEEDS folder is not encoded and 'breaks' the data base.

Workaround:
Right when you start NewsFox for the first time, right-click the 'FEEDS' folder and choose 'Options...' from the menu. Close the opened dialog clicking 'OK'. This will avoid the problem.
When the problem is already present, simply set a new name for this folder.

Fix:
This problem is fixed in the final version of NewsFox 0.7. You can download it from here.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2007 06:48PM by kko.

Posted by: johnh605
Date: May 31, 2007 11:04AM

Hi All.

I've been using Kmeleon for the past 18 months and I am the most indecisive person you are ever likely to meet.
I started with IE6 then Firefox1.5,Netscape,Slimbrowser,Opera,Avant,Ace,Enigma,IE7,Firefox2, you get the picture? the list goes on and on.I had a few problems with my original kMeleon so I unninstalled and went back to IE7 and Firefox 2 which weren't that bad.
This morning I thought I would see how KMeleon was doing on the web and I was stunned, an update. I immediately downloaded Kmeleon 1.1,got it set up,used it,and WOW!!! what a change, even faster (which I didn't think was possible).
I dont do any of the real technical computer stuff I just browse the web, download programs, see how they go and thats about it.
I have tried every browser out there, and for my needs which is browsing and downloading, this latest version of K-Meleon knocks the spots off all of the rest.
At the moment my indecision is cured, I'm hooked again by K-Meleon.
My thanks to all who created it, I can now browse the web in peace not in frustration.
John H

Posted by: Culpeper
Date: June 02, 2007 05:13AM

Long time no visit. I can't even remember how long I have been using KM. Since way before it was nearly no longer a going concern because the original developer(s) stopped working on it and the latest generation picked it up. Once again a good solid version of KM for the public. Thanks guys!

Posted by: luk3Z
Date: June 04, 2007 07:31PM

Thanks a lot for new version. Great work!

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?10,150634
K-Meleon Quick Reference:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/docs.php
Basilisk/KM/SM xpi converter:
https://www.addonconverter.fotokraina.com/
Best regards.

Posted by: enKin
Date: June 10, 2007 12:27PM

Turkish down adress?

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: June 10, 2007 03:36PM

Now, there is no turkish build for K-Meleon, but it would be great to have one.

Perhaps you, if you know a little english and obviously turkish, and if you're ready to make the job.

We can help you, if needed.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: Brian (bst82551)
Date: June 13, 2007 03:29PM

Hey everyone. Congrats on the new release. I've been away (busy with training in the Air Force). Nice to see you have all made this huge step forward. Congratulations!

-Brian

Posted by: Dorian
Date: June 15, 2007 06:35PM

Thank. Nice to see you smiling smiley

Date: June 15, 2007 08:59PM

It's always a pleasure to hear of you, Brian.

About the step forward ... well, without your great GRE's patches available, what other option do we had but a giant step forward?

;-)

Good luck on your adventure at the Air Force!

Posted by: Brian (bst82551)
Date: June 21, 2007 05:48PM

It's confusing having more than one Brian. I'm the Brian that goes by bst82551. I didn't release any patches or anything, but I did for a brief time help the community get access to the ftp server required to upload files to sourceforge. I also put a few tutorials up on the wiki and helped out on the forums for a while, but no software patches, unfortunately. That's our other Brian. Mhmm.

I've gotta get back to work now.

Brian

Date: June 21, 2007 06:23PM

Oh yes, of course, sorry Brian.

Now I know which Brian you are, please excuse me for the confussion.

Anyway, nice to hear of you again.

Posted by: erica
Date: June 29, 2007 11:07AM

I will meet sometime.

Date: July 03, 2007 02:45PM

To our skinners

Please update your skins in the KMeleonThemesWiki for use with K-Meleon 1.1. Some macro names (e.g. in the Privacy Bar) had to be changed and some tooltips were corrected. Please make sure that your skins are using the exact same toolbar names and button tooltips as the K-Meleon 1.1 default skins. This is essentially important to ensure that people who are using K-Meleon in a different language than English will get these strings translated.

Update Strategy
Use the toolbars.cfg of a K-Meleon 1.1 default skin (e.g. Phoenity) as a basis. Simply copy the toolbar definitions from there and then replace the bitmap definitions by your own ones. That's only Copy & Paste and it's done in two minutes.

Thanky you for your time and effort!

Date: July 03, 2007 02:48PM

To our macro coders

Please consider to convert the macros you submitted to the old Macro Library into macro modules for use with K-Meleon 1.1. The conversion isn't really difficult and the new macro modules are much easier to install for our users.

Update Strategy
1) Take a look at the new Macro Library and make yourself familiar with the Macro Coding Guidelines.
2) Move your macros into their own *.kmm file and update your macros' names according to the guidelines.
3) When you're missing macros that were previously defined in the default macros.cfg of K-Meleon 1.0 (such as XUL), don't redefine them before you've examined main.kmm. Such macros are still available, they only have different names. Take the other K-Meleon 1.1 default modules as a reference, but never call macros defined in other modules than main.kmm from your own modules - all *.kmm files except main.kmm are optional!
4) Write a new macro to integrate your macros into the browser's menus using the new setmenu() method. It's a bit tricky, but once you've understood the principle you'll notice that it's actually pretty easy.

If you get stuck, simply ask for help in the Development Forum (not here in this thread). Don't wait for a FAQ - there will never be a FAQ without you asking questions!

Thanky you for your time and effort!

Posted by: ltrk
Date: July 21, 2007 04:03AM

I wonder if there would be Phising protection in new versions of K-Meleon, i searched forum but i couldnt find any info about this subject.

Posted by: erica
Date: July 25, 2007 01:30AM

I believe all of yours.I am studying still more.thank you.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.