General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Bookmarks From Firefox
Posted by: Ron S
Date: May 24, 2007 08:30PM

...is there a way to import Firefox Bookmarks into K-Meleon...only seems to do it for IE and I have very few bookmarks in there...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bookmarks From Firefox
Posted by: desga2
Date: May 24, 2007 08:45PM

Please, you must read this thread for solutions;

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,71830

Thanks.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2007 08:47PM by desga2.

Posted by: jmillar
Date: June 12, 2007 02:51PM

The limit in the bookmarks plugin (filesize or number of entries) is too low to allow me to use my FF bookmark file in KMeleon. That is now the only thing holding me back from using it as my normal "work" browser.
I vaguely remember hearing something about 2000 entries max. I must be beyond that, since I can't make them load.

It looks like something solvable. Is it in the to-do list?
I admit it might sound a bit crazy, but some of us actually NEED such a broad address directory! So why limit it? Is the limit in the plugin or in the browser itself?

Cheers!
jmillar

Posted by: guenter
Date: June 14, 2007 08:03PM

Bookmark the file bookmarks.html that is too big. That way You can use its links.

p. s. It is a known bug - but does not affect many ppl. So it was postponed.
Things like easier localization from English were closer to the devs hearts.

Posted by: Drahken
Date: June 15, 2007 05:24AM

Do you really need that many active links? If a lot of them are things you only need once in a while, you could make a seperate file of those ones (removing them from your main bookmarks file), then bookmark that seperate file. This would effectively condense say 1,000 entries into a single entry.

Does anyone know if this limit also applies to opera hotlist files? If not, then what you could do is import the FF bookmarks into opera, then use KM's hotlist plugin instead of the bookmarks one.

Another option would be a hybrid of the 2, split your bookmarks in half and have half as "bookmarks" and half as "hotlist". You could even split it into 3, bookmarks, hotlist, and favorites. I use bookmarks for general use, hotlist for frequently used ones, and favorites for just "oh, I'll want to come back to this someday, but not any time soon" stuff.

----
"People who live in glass houses ....should close the friggin curtains!"

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.