k-meleon 1.1 and gmail
Posted by: pjm
Date: May 29, 2007 05:18AM

Have just upgraded to k-meleon 1.1 from version 1.02 and am still experiencing problems when accessing gmail - I get a Network Timeout. Have tried to no avail to work out what I can do to fix this.

I found out there was a problem with gmail on previous versions of the browser and that there was a work aournd in the privacy submenu. From what I can gather it seems that problem should be over with the release that I am using (also since there is no gmail/google maps 'option' in the permissions submenu).

Installed k-meleon for the first time a few weeks ago and have been really happy with it otherwise.

Thanks, Pete.

Re: k-meleon 1.1 and gmail
Posted by: rmn
Date: May 29, 2007 11:47AM

I use GMail and have never had any problem; I don't think I've changed any relevant setting either. Hm...

Posted by: noloentiendo
Date: May 29, 2007 06:32PM

gmail no tiene timeout, solo cookies de dos semanas de duración. a lo mejor no es lo mismo que tu dices. No se como irian las otras versiones, pero la 1.1 que uso no me da ni un solo problema con yahoo mail ni con gmail. >> traducido con http://www.elmundo.es/traductor/ >> Gmail does not have timeout, only cookies of two weeks of duration. Probably it is not the same thing that your you say. Not since(as,like) other versions would go, but the 1.1 that use gives me not even an alone problem with yahoo mail not with gmail.

Posted by: syrek
Date: May 29, 2007 06:39PM

Remove the profile and start with a new one, remember to backup your bookmarks and sort.

Posted by: pjm
Date: May 30, 2007 02:37AM

removed the profile and started off again with a new one but i still get a timeout with gmail. i'll just use firefox when i have to access gmail (which isn't too often luckily). cheers for everyone's suggestions though...

Posted by: desga2
Date: May 30, 2007 11:33AM

You must checked if cookies is aceppted for gmail and JavaScript is enabled.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2007 11:33AM by desga2.

Posted by: TotoBinz
Date: August 13, 2007 03:35PM

I have the same problem : impossible to connect to Gmail => Timeout
I tried to change the useragent, but no success.
Javascript, java and cookies are OK.
Anyone, any idea ?

Posted by: ACM
Date: August 13, 2007 03:50PM

Try changing the User Agent to Firefox 2.0 from a dropdown option on K-Meleon Tools menu. It works.

Re: k-meleon 1.1.2 and gmail
Posted by: TotoBinz
Date: August 22, 2007 07:48AM

Sorry, this does not work for me.
The problem remains (I tried all items in the dropdown list).

Posted by: ACM
Date: August 22, 2007 12:08PM

Try clicking Tools > Privacy and deselect Block Frames if it's marked. Also note that, if you had try to access Google just a while ago, you have to close the layer and reopen it again with this option deactivated.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.