General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
How to remove toolbar separators?
Posted by: Webb
Date: June 07, 2007 06:16PM

This is a nice little browser you've put together. I'm not ready to make it a complete substitute for Firefox but I use it a lot.

Anyway, I'm doing a little toolbar customizing and I've put my personal bookmarks folder above the URL bar, like I did in Fx. Here's a screenshot.

Try as I might I can't get some of these separators out - I'd like to get rid of the one before the personal bookmarks and the one after the new tab button. Is there any way to do this?

Also, full screen mode is too full screen. It hides the autohidden Windows taskbar. Is there any way I can just remove the Windows title bar but still have one pixel free at the bottom of the window so I can access my taskbar?

Jim

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to remove toolbar separators?
Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: June 07, 2007 07:27PM

1. disable the background image
2. lock the toolbar

Date: June 07, 2007 08:36PM

No, that didn't do it.

The toolbars are already locked but I unlocked and relocked them with no effect.

Disabling the background image just disables the background.

Jim

Posted by: guenter
Date: June 08, 2007 01:18AM

With most "seprators" = You can only make them less visible
(Hao's idea = IMHO correct/best).

Means:
AFAIK You can only remove extra, merely optical separators ("-") by editing toolbars.cfg in used skin ( very few "-" exist there). BUt most of the gaps signify the border between bars.

Some senior users customized that. To remove the later effect You can only decide how You want toolbar sequence. Then You edit toolbars.cfg so that You get some static, big toolbars with Your layout sequence and no separators.

Means: that You get one, two or three bigger bars!

That is how an example bar border code (=separator) looks:

}

&Go Buttons{

You would remove some of the optical separators by joining the bars (this makes the visual effect that You seem to desire).

p. s. There might be better ways with 1.1 macros but I have not tried any of the new possibilities to get me optical effects.

BTW: we carefull - work with backups - means = make sure that You can repair a skin broken by editing and experiments by merely copying its backup to the original location. Reason: a broken skin is one of the few things that can break a K-Meleon install for good.

Date: June 09, 2007 11:35AM

Thanks. That sounds a little more complicated than I want to get into right now but I'll keep it in mind for future reference.

Jim

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.