General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Turning Off Bookmark Backups
Posted by: Scot Free
Date: June 08, 2007 06:12AM

Since installing KM 1.1, it has started creating Bookmark_backup.html and I can not discover how to turn this off. I use Netscape Bookmark Plugin and have my bookmark file designated Bookmark.html in a separate drive/folder. Is there a switch I am overlooking?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Turning Off Bookmark Backups
Posted by: Dorian
Date: June 08, 2007 10:10AM

With all the complains about lost bookmark, this can't be deactivated. You can add a RFE in the bug tracker

Re: Turning Off Bookmark Backups
Posted by: ACM
Date: June 08, 2007 12:04PM

Hi Dorian:

Sorry for posting this as an off-topic. It's just a way to reach you, as you seem to be K-Meleon main developer (and a busy guy at that). Please, tell me: Is it possible to keep the about:blank layer from showing and staying there with no useful purpose once the user has set typed URLs and bookmarks to open in new background layers? It's so annoying having it there, since it gets the focus when the user, say, opens a first url at the beginning of his browsing session and thus has to click the corresponding just opened layer to view the page. Also, Couldn't links meant to open into new layers be made to do so in the background? If none of this is possible now on account of programming code implications, I guess it should on upcoming releases.

Thanks for your help.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.