General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Lost password file.
Posted by: Ian U
Date: June 21, 2007 12:05AM

Since loading the latest version of Spy Sweeper, my K-Meleon browser went into "Welcome to K-Meleon" mode (1.02). I have ended up downloading the latest version of K-Meleon (1.1), but my password file has not re-appeared (it disappeared on 1.02 that was installed at the time of the Spy Sweeper update). I would be grateful of any help/suggestions. Thanks. Ian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lost password file.
Posted by: guenter
Date: June 21, 2007 05:23AM

74880803.s this is how the password files look (the number can be any).

this is how they are tied into prefs.js.

user_pref("signon.SignonFileName", "74880803.s");

So what You can do - find the old some-nr.s file in the old profile that You use when the bad accident happend. And alter the new prefs.js so that it uses the old
password file.

user_pref("signon.SignonFileName", "some-nr.s");

Else can copy paste the content of the old passwords file into the new one without changing the pref. I hope the old profile is not deleted? If so You must undelete the passwords file. The Profile folder can be in apdata folder or old k-meleon folder.

Posted by: Ian U
Date: June 21, 2007 10:56AM

Thanks for your help "guenter". In the end I lost my hotlist, but that is no big deal. Got my passwords back!!!! Cheers. Ian.

Posted by: guenter
Date: June 21, 2007 03:06PM

Good to hear that it helped a little. Sorry about hotlist.

You will find an installable backup tool for K-Meleon 1.1 on alain's page. It keeps the data set of the last week.

There is an older version for 1.02 in development forum section.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.