General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
opening tabs
Posted by: theshadow247
Date: June 23, 2007 01:03AM

how can i get k-mellon to open tabs like opera or firefox.i when into edit-advanced pref-layered browsing and klicked layered browsing only.but after i click on a bookmark or my favorites folder.it opens in the same tab thats already opend.iam using 1.1..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: opening layers
Date: June 23, 2007 01:19AM

ow can i get k-mellon to open tabs like opera or firefox.i when into edit-advanced pref-layered browsing and klicked layered browsing only.but after i click on a bookmark or my favorites folder.it opens in the same tab thats already opend.iam using 1.1..rite now iam clicking on new layer and then clicking on the bookmark,to open that site.there must be a better way.eny help is appreciated thanks.

Re: opening tabs
Posted by: sliderule
Date: June 23, 2007 02:12AM

theshadow247:

If I am understanding you correctly, you want Bookmarks ( or Favourites ) to open in a new layer, when you click on them. In K-Meleon 1.1 this may be done this way, from the Menu:

Edit -> Advanced Preferences -> under Category ( left part of display ) click on K-Melon Plugins -> Click on Netscape Bookmarks -> Click on Bookmarks Menu ( right part of display ) -> click on In a new layer ( radio button rather then In the current layer ) -> Click on the Close button

You may do the same for IE Favorites and/or Opera Hotlist

I hope this helps, please be sure to let me / us know.

Sliderule

Re: opening tabs
Date: June 23, 2007 02:53AM

thanks.alot.sliderule.that workout great...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.