General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Unnoficials wiki corrupted
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: June 27, 2007 12:45PM

Good morning.

I've seen that some of the entries at the Unnoficials Wiki has been recently (by the time of the 1.1 release) been corrupted. There are some symbols that has been replaced by others.

May somebody want to take a look to see what went wrong?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2007 12:45PM by enaitzjga.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Unnoficials wiki corrupted
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: June 27, 2007 05:04PM

Hum... I see no problem on this page.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: kko
Date: June 27, 2007 05:22PM

I've corrected it - the new Wiki system interprets some markup different then the old.

Date: June 27, 2007 06:56PM

BTW:

I've also updated the Wiki Translations page to reflect the changes in the way our new Wiki system is handling translation. The French and Spanish translations of this page should be updated.

There's still no Spanish translation of the WebsiteMenu!

Posted by: Dorian
Date: June 27, 2007 08:04PM

For deletion, it would be interesting to link page that should be deleted to a special wiki page. We could list them all easily with backward links. Would help doing maintenance.

Date: June 28, 2007 05:20AM

Dorian
For deletion, it would be interesting to link page that should be deleted to a special wiki page. We could list them all easily with backward links. Would help doing maintenance.

Makes absolutely sense to me. There are quiet a lot of candidates for deletion/recreation...

Another thing:

1) We've lost two pages: Paste & Go and Zoom In & Zoom Out Images (Zoom In is a dupe). See the PageIndex. The pages should still be there. I guess, they just became inaccesible due to invalid page names. Maybe you can restore them with valid page names (e.g. ZoomImages and PasteAndGo)...

2) Is it possible to configure the Wiki in a way that Wiki markup in <pre>-formatted text is ignored? The problem is that you always have to escape CamelCase and square brackets [], and use silly markup for other character sequences (++, --, ==, ...) when you want to post source code to the Wiki...

Posted by: Dorian
Date: June 28, 2007 05:18PM

PRE-formatted text

If you wish text to appear as you type it - that is, all spaces remain where they are, and lines stay as long as you inserted it - then you need a block of "pre-formatted" text.

* use the <pre> ... </pre> 'tags' for a paragraph of preformatted text, that still allowed to use WikiWords and simple markup
* with <code>...</code> instead you would really see text as you typed it, with square brackets and other escapes not garbaging your text

Date: June 28, 2007 05:46PM

Thanks, Dorian!

Didn't know about <code>. It wasn't documented in the Wiki. I've updated ExtendedWikiMarkup accordingly.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.