General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
K meleon skins?
Posted by: DizzG
Date: July 02, 2007 11:40PM

is there anywhere to get more updated looking skins for 1.1? the skins page on the kmeleon site just has the same skins that have been there FOREVER and nothing new. Unfortunally Im not savy enough to design my own. I like KM better than firefox yet it sure would be nice to have access to some better looking skins than just the default.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K meleon skins?
Posted by: guenter
Date: July 03, 2007 10:29AM

What is wrong with Ricardo's and the other skins
( most are similar to ffox and other browser skins )?

Nothing to know.

Get new ikons ( good new icons are rare ) and associate them with toolbars.cfg (there is a 2-torial).

Posted by: kko
Date: July 03, 2007 03:00PM

guenter
What is wrong with Ricardo's and the other skins?

They have to be updated for use with km 1.1. I've posted a request for help.

Date: July 04, 2007 04:08AM

@kko, I have overlooked Your post - sorry.
I will try to update boxed classic this WE.

p.s. Könnte man nicht macros nehmen um die alten items-namen zu unterdrücken und umzuwandeln?

Date: July 04, 2007 11:52AM

@kko, I have overlooked Your post - sorry.

No, look at the time/date - just created it! (DizzG's post reminded me)

I will try to update boxed classic this WE.

If you need help uploading it, same procedure as last year... winking smiley

Könnte man nicht macros nehmen um die alten items-namen zu unterdrücken und umzuwandeln?

Man könnte die alten Makros/Menüs wiederhertellen und einfach auf die neuen mappen (bei den Makros hatte ich das in der Alpha-Phase sogar gemacht). Es ist aber Pfusch, weil es noch weitere funktionale Unterschiede gibt, die man nicht überbrücken kann. Und die Toolbar-Namen und Tooltips müssen für die lokalisierten Versionen unbedingt mit der kmeleon.kml übereinstimmen, sonst scheitert die automatische Übersetzung.

Das Problem mit den Skins ist, dass Aussehen und Funktion miteinander vermischt werden. Es ist einfach Blödsinn, dass jede Skin eine komplette toolbars.cfg enthält, obwohl sie sich von anderen Skins im Prinzip nur durch die Bitmap-Zuweisungen unterscheidet. Eine Skin sollte einfach nur den Buttons Bitmaps zuweisen und sonst nichts. Aber möglicherweise kriegen wir in 1.5 ein neues Skin-System!

Date: July 04, 2007 01:17PM

Procedure: - i first have to ask alain whether he has time to compile the skin smiling smiley
Else install the tools and find out how they work - skins need to be instalable now,
we have the technology.

Das mit der zeit hatte ich gesehen, es tat mir dennoch leid. Ich hatte gestern noch mal im forum nachgesehen (was neues ist). Da hatte ich deinen post übersehen.

Wichtig: wenn ihr was erarbeitet, solltet ihr Rapido informieren, sonst macht er sich mit seinen skins sehr viel unnötige arbeit.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: July 04, 2007 04:36PM

Well, I have time to do it, it's not as long as to download it ...
For you, what don't I do ?? :-)

I have received a mail from snuz for the last MicroRss version ihe asked me to compile, and appreciating the job I do with my setup for the basic users, regrets the load of the setup engine for sometimes a few ko of files.

I agree, but it seems we can't for now, and perahps longer not use xpi installer. He gives some solutions we already know now, but one would be perhaps interesting to search for. The use of a zip structure as I use in my setup and a kplugins which pilots a program to unzip in the same way I do in setups to allow tha same job (especially distribute kml files in unknown locales folder from the extension maker).

The extension will then now just be a zip file (with another extension) we can perhaps securize by I way I haven't found now, with version management. In fact don't use xul to do it, but a c++ extension which can unzip or launch line command program such 7zip or Izarc.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Date: July 04, 2007 04:57PM

That is nice smiling smiley

When K-Meleon starts to use GRE 1.9.x - we can probably have xpi - If we want.
But that is much in the future. The version securizer comes with 1.9 GRE Toolkit use, the technology is part of that package.

Date: July 04, 2007 06:22PM

JujuLand
The extension will then now just be a zip file (with another extension) we can perhaps securize by I way I haven't found now, with version management. In fact don't use xul to do it, but a c++ extension which can unzip or launch line command program such 7zip or Izarc.

That's exactly what Mozilla's xpinstal.dll is doing - without needing an external ZIP program. smiling smiley

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: July 04, 2007 09:00PM

Yes, but xpinstall isn't able to install kml files without knowing the existing installed localizations.smiling smiley

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2007 09:00PM by JujuLand.

Date: July 05, 2007 01:10AM

? If we were using what was researched ? (by kko and me)

The GRE xpi services should install in proper places like fr-Fr or de-DE locale also. Now k-meleon is instructed to use proper places - IMHO the whole service would have worked.

The only thing that was missing with old "MOZILLA XPI SERVICE" was proper version checking. This failure was IMHO the real show stopper.

p. s. It is no good if ppl can install FFox, Flock or SeaMonkey items/extensions and then come here complaining that something does not work sad smiley

Most extensions are simply not made to be compatible with k-meleon.
So install has to be prevented ( except for devs = ppl that want to make that they work ).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2007 01:11AM by guenter.

Date: July 05, 2007 09:57AM

I second guenter. The reason why we don't have xpinstall in km 1.1 is that we can't prevent users from installing incompatible extensions at the moment. But that's a solvable problem.

Whatever installing system we use, we always have to solve the same problems. For most of these problems, xpinstall already provides a built-in solution and other problems are solvable. So, why invent the wheel anew? And why use a different installer system than all other Gecko-browsers? When we support xpi installation, extension writers can support us...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.