General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
starting K-meleon
Posted by: shakushinnen
Date: July 04, 2007 12:28AM

I have posted this several times, but I'll give it one last go.
When I click on my K-meleon quick launch icon, a bar shows up in my task bar, BUT K-Meleon does NOT open. The previous version did the same thing, but version 1.1 often needs several clicks on the task bar to get it to maximize. Am I the only person with this problem??? (Win 98se)
Thanks,
John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: starting K-meleon
Posted by: guenter
Date: July 04, 2007 01:37PM

The loader icon? Right?
It does not do it here on XP sp2.
I activated the loader to test so that i can tell You.

I do not use the loader (many older users do not use it from habbit because it was buggy for many years. Dorian fixed it. I do not use it anymore, since I use more than one K-Meleon version). The loader does not make much impovement on new systems - I doubt that many ppl use it.

Win98, I am not sure whether any here can tell You whether it is Your system or a general win98 problem. No active user known to me: alain and ndbord perhaps?

Few active users of old wins. That is why You get such slow answer to such problems.
Dorian also had trouble to get feedback and testers for win95/98/ME.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2007 01:41PM by guenter.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: July 04, 2007 06:15PM

Exact, I'm under w98se, but I don't use the loader for two reasons:

1) I use many different versions of K-Meleon.

2) I often (on my own computers) search for improvements which often need to restart K-Meleon, and as I'm a little 'distrait', when I used it, I often forgave to close the loader, and my improvements (in this case) weren't then taken.

3) I haven't found a real interest to it.

But anybody can use it and found any interest to it ...

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: falk
Date: July 08, 2007 12:17PM

hallo folks!

I'm falk from germany/bavaria and glad to ride the browser K-Meleon, a bit like mozilla it was.
Download, starting setup, browsing and walk alittle internet, whitaout any problem.
So lets walk like mozilla on...

How is the weather...?

Greetings to you (nearly all), falk

Posted by: shakushinnen
Date: July 08, 2007 01:31PM

Hi Guenter,
Well, I think the problem is solved. I removed the loader and added a short cut to the executable in my startup folder. Of course K-meleon gives me an error on starting, because it can't find an internet connection (I'm on dialup.), but it's loaded and ready to rock, when I dial in to my ISP. I am also not getting the irritating issue I described at the beginning.
Thanks, again, for your help.
John

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: July 08, 2007 02:10PM

A trick not to have an error at startup: create an html where you have a link to your real home page, and set it as your homepage.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.