General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
@Fred
Posted by: Rolf
Date: July 21, 2007 03:49PM

hi fred,

I remember that you were so kind to update k-meleon 1.02 with a seamonkey build in februar.
Might I ask if you could do that again with the new seamonkey bugfix release 1.1.3?

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/releases/seamonkey1.1.3/changelog.html

I'm still using your old 1.02 "build" and am very happy with it. I would like to have the security affecting bugs gone though and therefor an update.
The changes that have been made in k-meleon 1.1 were much too heavy for my taste, so even if there would be an updated build coming out soon (which I hope for the community) it wouldn't help me personally.

I would be very glad being able to use an updated 'Fred'-build (beside your nice portable versions).

Thank you in advance,

Rolf

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: @Fred
Posted by: guenter
Date: July 21, 2007 06:39PM

Rolf, You can probably use the ./components folder and dll in root of this to cretae a clumsy update of 1.02s (that have been updated to 1.8.1.x GRE no original 1.02! ) or 1.1. For a real update You will have to wait untill Dorian has patched files and/or Fred has created an update.

This
is a German version with an English skin (the skin also has a German toolbars.cfg file in used skin folder). If You want to use whole version? To use it in English delete k-meleonloc.dll and language.cfg and rename chrome_en-US to chrome (before that You have to delete current chrome folder which is an older German chrome with aggreg8-RSS / the English chrome is also an older version).

p. s. forgot always do a virus check on unofficial uploads - I have updated my Avira yesterday but one never knows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2007 06:42PM by guenter.

Posted by: jmillar
Date: July 21, 2007 11:15PM

Excellent build! It should take care of known Mozilla vulnerabilities. I think you might perhaps announce it more widely! Good work!

jmillar

Posted by: Fred
Date: July 22, 2007 12:12AM

I have uploaded an updated version K-Meleon1.02-1.8.1.5 ,
Mozilla 1.8.1.5 from Seamonkey 1.1.3, Gecko 20070716,
to provide updated security for all who prefer the older build.
Download at
http://rapidshare.com/files/44267174/K-Meleon1.02-1.8.1.5.zip.html
Note : The profile will be created in the K-Meleon main folder
by default.
Regards to all
Fred

Posted by: sensai
Date: July 22, 2007 12:46AM

very nice updates, thanks guenter + fred! I tried both but only freds build works correctly here. thanks for your efforts anyway guenter, its much appreciated.

cheers,

sensai

Posted by: Rolf
Date: July 22, 2007 03:18AM

hi guenter, hi fred,

thank you for the updated versions. I'm going to give them a try as fast as possible. Nice to see that you still care for the worries of the 1.02-users here! Keep up the good work,

thanks again,

Rolf

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 22, 2007 02:41PM

sensai, I always use a profile.ini You may have to delete it on Windows XP/NT systems. K-Meleon needs writing privileges in his profile folder. When a profile.ini is present the profile folder is inside the installation folder and You need to give the user privileges to write there. Deleting the ini will make that the profiel is in apdata where users have writing privileges anyway.

Posted by: sensai
Date: July 23, 2007 04:24AM

guenter, I always have my profile in the application dir since I tend to test several builds and don't want them to mess with my holy profile ;O) I don't know what did cause the problems with the build you mentioned, I tried your suggestions and several other things and it did just crash rightaway whenever I tried to start it. I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with privileges though.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.