General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Thinking of switching
Posted by: Casper
Date: July 25, 2007 03:14AM

I have been looking at using k-Meleon for my default browser but I was hoping you may be able to answer some questions for me.

-How do I change font styles & setting in the browser.

-What e-mail client should I use with the browser.

-Is there any RSS extensions available.

-Is k-Meleon hungry when it comes to memory.

I am currently using SeaMonkey for both browser & e-mail & from what I have seen this browser loads faster than SeaMonkey very fast in-fact, If you can help me with these answers that would be fantastic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thinking of switching
Date: July 25, 2007 03:16AM

I forgot 1 question is K-Meleon at the same security level as Firefox\Thunderbird & Seamonkey.

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 25, 2007 04:53AM

1.) For the browser via system - for visited pages e.g. from usercontent.css.
2.) K-Meleon will sniff for Your system's default mail program ( I would keep SeaMonkey for mail since I like Sylpheed, Tunderbird & SeaMonkey for mail programs smiling smiley.
3.) NewsFox is integrated & MicroRSS available at Gary Gofstein's homepage.
4.) K-Meleon is less resource hungry than IE, Firefox Opera, SeaMonkey or any modern browser c. system requirements. It uses less RAM than Firefox or SeaMonkey.
5.) K-Meleon uses the same HTML rendering engine as Seamonkey - the security level is about the same.

Greetings to Down Under from old Europe

p. s. K-Meleon loads faster. But You have to try whether it is faster on Your machine for the specific pages You visit often.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2007 04:55AM by guenter.

Date: July 25, 2007 05:50AM

What's the easist way to import my SeaMonkey bookmarks & how am I able to clear form information & history.

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 25, 2007 07:49AM

They both use the same bookmarks system - I would copy SeaMonkey bookmaks.html to K-Meleon profile or direct the K-Meleon's bookmarks plugin to use it inside ./apdata/mozilla.org/SeaMonkey/profile directory K-Meleon's default profile folder is also in apdata & has the same structure inside K-Meleon subfolder.

Tools > Privacy > You will find the settings there.

p. s. In Forum You will find lots of question after Firefox bookmarks., which is more or less the same problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2007 01:25PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.