General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Cookie manager
Posted by: DavidB
Date: February 01, 2003 01:45PM

I'm a new K-M user, just installed 0.7. Also use Mozilla. Is it possible to edit
cookies, as with the Mozilla cookie manager?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cookie manager
Posted by: Andres
Date: February 02, 2003 01:02PM
Posted by: Robert
Date: February 03, 2003 09:32AM

> Is it possible to edit cookies, as with the Mozilla cookie manager?

Yes, it is: (You have to copy the two files cookies.txt and cookperm.txt to the mozilla-profile-folder.)

Posted by: DavidB
Date: February 04, 2003 12:52PM

Thanks for the tips. The link from Andres has some very useful information.
I've managed to add 'Edit Cookies' to the 'Edit' menu (I'm not an expert at this
sort of stuff!), replaced Notepad with Metapad, which displays the cookies
file properly.

Posted by: Cordman
Date: February 04, 2003 06:50PM

Tried Andres "Text Based Editing" of cookies at http://www.bahamapress.org/andres/kmeleon/cookies.html and cannot get it to work under Win2K. Get everything all setup and when I click on "Edit Cookies" in the Edit dropdown nothing happens. I have a Win98 machine at work and it works fine there, which leads me to believe that it may be a Win2K issue. Not sure if it is the double backslashes or what...

I have tried setting this up on two different Win2K machines and no-go on either

Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted by: Hugo
Date: February 04, 2003 07:07PM

This is not it, I know... but just in case: Is Metapad really installed on your win2k machines? If not, replace "Metapad" in Andres' macro with "Wordpad" or something that is installed.. Ok, ok, ok.. I know that wasn't it..

Posted by: Paul
Date: February 04, 2003 08:18PM

Cordman:

Uh, yeah, I tried it this morning, and ran into the same problem as you. I copied and pasted the macro straight from Andres' site, then fiddled with it to fit my text editor, etc., and it wouldn't work. Didn't do anything.

Turns out that, in the macro as presented on the site, there are a couple of extra quotation marks (") in the middle of the stuff passed to the exec command. Delete those extra quotes in the middle, and it works just fine.

Oh, come to think of it, I also added a semicolon after the exec command, it was missing, I don't know enough about macros to know whether that's crucial. At any rate, the macro now works for me.

Posted by: Cordman
Date: February 04, 2003 08:58PM

Thanks Paul...it's working fine now. The only difference is that when I put the semicolon after the .exe, as you suggested, it still wouldn't work. I deleted the semicolon and presto! I guess Win2K doesn't like the semicolon smiling smiley

On the Win98 machine I have at work, the two quote marks are in the macros.cfg file and it still works. I'll change it tomorrow and see if it makes any difference on that machine. Thanks again, Cordman

Posted by: Kurt
Date: February 05, 2003 06:33PM

There is the same story with WinXP and the thing with the two quote marks and the semicolon in the exec command.
Remove the quote marks and set the semicolon and it will work in Win 98 and XP, so I guess in 2k as well (even with the updated macros.dll).

See also:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?f=3&i=3435&t=3435
for the complete macro.

Kurt

Posted by: Andrew
Date: February 05, 2003 10:26PM

If you think this is a bug, please file a report:

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/bugs/

Posted by: Andres
Date: February 07, 2003 03:37PM

Sorry about the extra quotation marks. I made the corrections to my webpage. Although it is very interesting because on my computer, the macros worked with those quote marks too.

There were no semicolon issues, though. I tested the macros and they work in Windows 98SE.

Posted by: David
Date: February 12, 2003 02:09AM

FWIW: Cookie Pal doesn't get on at all with the windows KM uses to ask about cookies, but you can use it to edit the cookie file itself.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.