General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
find music track
Posted by: shakushinnen
Date: August 03, 2007 03:23PM

Hi,
I am in the process of listening to an Mp3 which is on a music sight. I have not downloaded it, in the normal sense, but I believe that it would be in my cache somewhere, although a seach (*.mp3) doesn't turn up anything. Can anyone confirm this suspicion, and if so tell me how to retrieve it so that I can listen to it, without having to go through the long download process each time.
Thanks,
John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: find music track
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 03, 2007 06:50PM

sure is in cache!

1.) A little tedious: clear cache (reduces the clutter to search) - then go to the Musik site (e.g. to the myspace representation of a band), then go about:cache (guess that is what You are doing anyway). Now search for string "mp3" in the urls in Your hdd cache (because the string might be not *.mp3).

2.) I do it with Orbit downloader; Activate Grab++ - then I clicked > Extra Grab++ settings and set it to watch k-meleon browser ( it also has a Netscape plugin - but I use the observe function) now it will search the urls of mp3 for me and then I downlaod them with the tool.

3.) You can possibly use default plugin pro by Jason Summers for music downlaods. But that is tricky - and AFAIK requires that You do not download while You stream and listen at the same time. I have not used it for long.

Probably more ways - & can vary with PC system settings.

p. s. for some sites You have to use 1.) or 3.) (with a k-meleon installed without media support). Orbit ppl did more for the main stream browsers but they also did a good job for us. There is a k-meleon tool for Orbit on alain's jujuland k-meleon extension page.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2007 06:51PM by guenter.

Posted by: shakushinnen
Date: August 03, 2007 08:50PM

Thanks Guenter,
Orbit does not seem to support Windows ME according to their page, so that's out. I found the MP3 in the cache, as you said. Do I have to have a downloader, once I've found the cache item?
.... John

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 04, 2007 06:19PM

Sorry to hear that You did not get it going yet.

And sorry I only recently started to downlaod some musik files and I have not tried to get mp3 out of cache; I only know that extracting or viewing files from cache works with media that the K-Meleon opens without helper application.

With downloader it was less effort and I was able to do it without changing any settings ( I have no idea how to toggle player easily sad smiley ). And it can be done during browsing session right after or while You listen and decide to download.

You can also get the mp3s' UrLs by using LiveHttpHeaders extension available alain's page and then use another downloader that works with Your Operating System - AFAIK alain offers several downlaoder adaptions also.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: August 04, 2007 08:22PM

Orbit does not seem to support Windows ME according to their page, so that's out
I use Orbit 1.5.5 with Win98se. so it ought to work with ME

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.