General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
middle mouse button handlingb
Posted by: new user
Date: August 11, 2007 05:19PM

hey
how can I change middle mouse button handling? - I want new pages to be opened in new BACKGROUND layer - not new, visible layer

also how to get rid of some buttons such as 'print' or 'history' button

Another question - is it possible to use space of status bar (the one that shows <TITLE> and (K-Meleon) - and put there for example layers(next to the title of page)?? I always thought about it... because i have 14" LCD laptop and I'm striving to minimalism

keep up the good work
greeting
new kameleon user

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: middle mouse button handlingb
Posted by: new user
Date: August 11, 2007 05:25PM

I've already found answer to 'middle button' question, still anxious to see answer to other questions
sorry for posting the first question too fast

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 22, 2007 02:33PM

Perhaps the info in this thread will help you.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,73936

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 23, 2007 02:47PM

Minimalism: Some skins e. g.: Netscape Modern, Silber, Blau... (on Jujuland K-Meleon extension page) have Compact Menu buttons that are not commented out - Phoenity and other skins also have the button but it is commented out. You can use that button as fall-back and by default hide the written menu bar (Like K-Ninja does) via Advanced Preferences, Toolbars, Hide Menu Bar.

p. s. as JamesD suggested already: All buttons that are not needed can be commented out in toolbars.cfg of used skin). Some buttons disappear when their macro is inactive. Complete bars can be deactivated/hidden in a submenu under View. The little handle in the left of every bar can be use to drag bars around ( e. g. I did not notice that until someone told me smiling smiley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2007 02:48PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.