General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Saving to Favorites.
Posted by: Caktus
Date: August 20, 2007 06:17PM

This may well be a simple matter to deal with. But I have been used to using IE for years. So K-melon is quite a change for me.

In K-melon, support for IE Favorites is enabled. And K-melon is set as the Default browser.

When I save a page or link to Favorites using the right click menu or the Favorites button on the tool bar, the item simply gets dumped with all the general Favorites.

When I send a page or link to Favorites, I would like to be able to send it to a particular favorites folder or to create a new favorites folder for it. In other words, I would like K-melon to handel Favorites like IE 6 does.

Can someone please help me accomplish this or something like it.

Thanks.

Charlie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Saving to Favorites.
Posted by: Steve
Date: August 20, 2007 07:01PM

Charlie, many of us have been waiting years for what you describe. Thanks to James
it shall soon become real. He is working on it as we write. You may want to look at
his posting about it. But if you are like me you do not understand any of that
programming stuff. Sure glad we have people like James. This is it
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,73639

Thanks, Steve. I'll be keeping an eye out.
Date: August 20, 2007 09:04PM

Thanks, Steve. I'll be keeping an eye out.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 20, 2007 11:33PM

@ Caktus

Once I learn how to use the wiki editing, I will get the code loaded. Every thing I do on this project is something new to me, so some of the forum members are teaching me step by step.

Date: August 21, 2007 04:20PM

@ Caktus

With kko's invaluable help the code is now in the macro library.

Date: August 23, 2007 02:30AM

Hi James

Guess I still need help. Really have no understanding of macro's. In fact, don't even understand what thier for or do. Tried looking at a K-meleon page about Bookmarklets thinking that may be what you're refering to. But I'm at just as much a loss there as well. Does "code is now in the macro library" mean that the Favorites thing you're working on is finished? Where is this "macro library"?

Sorry to trouble you with a lot of ?'s, but I'm just at such a loss regarding this stuff. But I want to learn how to use the K-meleon browser as I am so impressed with the page loading times on my dialup connection. For several years I had been paying for a caching proxy because it loaded pages so fast. But the other day I got rid of it as K-meleon beats it hands down. In fact, when it comes to page loading time, K-meleon often beats a friends RR connection.

Been a die-hard IE'er for seven or eight years. Done plenty of tweaking and problem solving for myself and others. But this stuff is all new to me.

Thanks.

Charlie

Posted by: kko
Date: August 23, 2007 09:57AM

The first K-Meleon page to look at is ours, Charlie. smiling smiley

The MacroLibrary is a part of our Wiki. You can find a lot of documentation about km there. If you get stuck, ask here in the forums.

Date: August 23, 2007 12:06PM

@ Caktus

Sorry my post was not as informative as it should have been. The post from kko has the link to the MacroLibrary. If you have more questions please feel free to ask them here in the forum. I hope FavRenAdd macro will be useful for you.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.