General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Seriously considering un-installing K-Meleon
Posted by: tlcmd
Date: August 22, 2007 01:56PM

Have given K-Meleon a shot, and have found some problems which are making me seriously re-think using K-meleon as my primary browser and deleting it. The most annoying problems are:

1) Since installing K-Meleon, my images (as many as 250) are being deleted from my screen saver (Eyetide Viewer) from which I had finally controlled the pop-ups, spyware and malware. I're reloaded the Eyetide Viewer and images, only to have the images deleted after logging off K-Meleon.

No other new software has been added before or since K-Meleon.

2) In downloading some files, I literally have to chase the link as the screen jumps up when I first click the link, so it takes 2 or 3 attempts to click a download link.

Assistance would be appreciated before I give up and try another browser or go back to IE7 (which does neither of these and is slower than K-Meleon).

Thanks,
Dick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seriously considering un-installing K-Meleon
Posted by: kko
Date: August 22, 2007 06:24PM

1) We are not responsible for your screen saver. When you think that it doesn't work correctly, get support from the manufacturer. K-Meleon is for sure not deleting any of your files.

2) Can you give as an example (link)?

Posted by: enrgy21
Date: August 22, 2007 11:26PM

I've been testing K-Meleon for a few months, using it an average of 5 hours a day. Haven't had an instability issue with it besides the occassional connectm to page/internet problem (all have that one) so wondering if it could be a corrupted installation. If you have no other 3rd party application or system instability issues, you might consider uninstalling (cleaning temp files) and reinstalling from another download link. If a more experienced user agrees that's a possibility, perhaps they could recommend a download site.

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: August 23, 2007 01:15AM

If I were you, tlcmd, I would get rid of that Zango filth and find a decent screensaver, and keep K-Meleon. Why bother with spyware and adware in the first place? It isn't worth the trouble to "control" it. It looks to me as though the cr@p is interfering with your use of an honest browser.

that's my 2 small coins' worth

Posted by: Caktus
Date: August 23, 2007 05:03AM

I think what tlcmd may be refering to in
# "2)" is when clicking on a link while the page is still loading. While most pages usually load very fast with KM, I have noticed the same problem while a very long page is still loading. The only places I have noticed this is when loading a forum page with many responses and the vertical scroll bar jitter-bugs it's way to the top of the window or layer.

As I've noticed this only occaionally, I find it acceptable considering KM is otherwise very light and fast. In fact, KM seems to be very fast even when loading these very long pages.

Charlie

Posted by: a big frog thats died
Date: August 23, 2007 06:58PM

anyone who wants to know just why they sjhould get rid of anything to do with Zango software should go here
http://www.benedelman.org
Ben Edelman is a top class Americal attorney and has worked with the FBI and other legal authorities in pursuing Zango through criminal and civil proceedings

Zango is not just spyware, those people are committing click fraud (allegedly)
and their software is perhaps one of the biggets reasons that botnets exist. at one point zango ware had created a botnet of over 450,000 computers all spamming the net

I suggest anyone who is serious about browser security should visit the above link

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.