PKCS11 well supported
Posted by: andres
Date: September 18, 2007 04:22PM

To my delight, I found out that K-Meleon supports PKCS11, specifically, the Estonian ID-card (national smart card used by for personal authentication somewhat like a passport), without any problems. Great job!

Installing it for K-Meleon is a bit tricky but not too difficult. It can be done from this page:

http://ideelabor.ee/opensource/wiki/IdKaardiTarkvara/VeebisAutentimineMozillaga

by first installing the certificates and then importing the module from C:\Windows\System32 (Mozilla support for ID-card must be installed beforehand).

I have asked the developer of Mozilla support for Estonian ID-card to add autodetection for K-Meleon in the next Mozilla support installer.

Re: PKCS11 well supported
Posted by: lv
Date: May 25, 2008 01:09PM

Hi, Andres!

Can you please give more specific guidelines how to install Id-card support in k-meleon? Step-by-step perhaps? And what do you mean "Mozilla support for ID-card must be installed beforehand"? Do I have to install also Firefox, then install ID-card support there and then import something to k-meleon? I was hoping to skip the Firefox. Trying to keep my OS as light as possible.

Thanks for you input, however! Great to hear there are k-meleon users on Estonia! Aitäh! smiling smiley

andres
To my delight, I found out that K-Meleon supports PKCS11, specifically, the Estonian ID-card (national smart card used by for personal authentication somewhat like a passport), without any problems. Great job!

Installing it for K-Meleon is a bit tricky but not too difficult. It can be done from this page:

http://ideelabor.ee/opensource/wiki/IdKaardiTarkvara/VeebisAutentimineMozillaga

by first installing the certificates and then importing the module from C:\Windows\System32 (Mozilla support for ID-card must be installed beforehand).

I have asked the developer of Mozilla support for Estonian ID-card to add autodetection for K-Meleon in the next Mozilla support installer.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.